Wish List

Friday, August 18, 2023

Cards from a kit...

A friend of mine, who attends the same church I do, brought a box of card kits to me a couple of Sundays ago. She said she would not be using them and asked if I would like to have them. There were more than 20 unopened card kits in the box along with some miscellaneous cardmaking supplies. I could hardly wait to get them home so I could get started!!

The card kits were all from Annie's Crafts. I have made quite a few cards from a couple of the kits, but I still have barely scratched the surface. 

I didn't really follow the suggestions given for making the cards, but did my own thing and often added some embellishments and sentiments from my own stash. Here are a few of the cards I made from one kit:

These cards had layered images. I loved the extra dimension the layers added. The sentiments on these two cards were included in the kit.



Here's a closer look at the layers on the first card. The silver accents add a nice touch of elegance.








I added an extra butterfly and some ribbon to this card.


I added the sentiments to these cards (they didn't come in the kit). Once again, the layered images added a lot of dimension.


Sometimes I left the images the original size (as in the larger card on the left), and sometimes I cut them down to fit an A2 card size.


I added the butterfly and sentiment to the image on this sympathy card.


I popped up the circle image on this card and then added some ribbon and sparkly embellishments, as well as the sentiment.


For these cards, I popped the image panels up on foam tape and added either butterflies or dragonflies along with some sentiments.

All of these cards were made from the same kit, and I still have supplies left to make some more. The cards were all donated to the thrift store and sold quickly, which tells me that the customers like the "kit cards." 

There are two or three Christmas card kits in the box, and I think I will use them to make some cards for my own use. 

I will definitely be sharing some more of the "kit cards" I make here on my blog.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

7 comments:

designbydonna said...

Wha wonderful gift. These are all just gorgeous. I love alll those pretty flower images.

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

These are gorgeous! and what a wonderful gift and you have certainly made these come alive. The designs are so pretty too. Michelle x

Lynne in NI said...

Well she certainly gave her kits to the right person, what a fab gift for you! These are absolutely beautiful Cheryl!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Those are all beautiful cards!

Lynette said...

Oh my goodness - these are gorgeous!! How fun! I can see why you were so excited to get them home and start using them. Amazing.

Patti J said...

Wowza! These kit cards are phenomenal! Each one is so beautiful! Thanks for sharing with us. I’m sorry I’ve been MIA again. Hubby’s had 2 surgeries in 3 weeks, and I’m pooped! Every time we go to the doc or hospital, it’s a one way 90 minute drive. Hoping to be back on the grid soon…hugs!

Glittered Paws said...

Oh what a great gift - for a creative crafter - and the cards are beautiful. I am anxious to see the rest of the kits especially the Christmas kits. I can see why these sold quickly at the thrift store.