Wish List

Tuesday, August 8, 2023

Seas the day...

 I made a couple of mini-slimline cards recently with an ocean theme.

These cards were made quickly and simply with a couple of die sets and some leftover scraps of DSP. It turns out they are perfect for entering Challenge # 54 (National Beach Day + National Lighthouse Day) at Day of the Month Card Club Blog.


This lighthouse is a new NBUS (Never Before Used Schtuff) die set, so I'm also entering this card into NBUS Challenge #53.

In fact, the die-cut sentiment, Seas the Day, is also NBUS.

The lighthouse was cut in two layers (red and white) and backed with yellow vellum to look like light shining from the windows.

I added a bit of shading to the rock and to the grassy area beneath the rock before adhering them to my card.











This is the inside of my card.  The sentiment was created on my computer.

















I love this little sailboat die set and have used it many times on cards.

It's great for a quick, masculine card. 

I've added gold dots with a Viva Decor pen to the side of the boat. 














Once again, I used my computer to create a sentiment for the inside.

Each of these cards measured 3 1/2" X 6". That meant that I had to cut down an envelope to properly fit each card. That's not hard though, and I do it often. I save all plain envelopes that I receive and use them for occasions like this. 

Of course, I also order 1,000 A2 envelopes at a time. I make a ton of cards that size which are mainly donated to the thrift store to sell. The store uses the proceeds to support their community programs, such as a food shelf.

I used to make a lot of envelopes (I have an envelope punch board), but that was when I made far fewer cards. Now I only make them when I have an odd sized card or if I want to more closely coordinate the envelope with the card.

Thanks so much for stopping by and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl


6 comments:

designbydonna said...

These are great water theme cards. I have always enjoyed seeing light houses but don't have a lighthouse die. That textured blue paper is perfect for water. Love your sentiments too.

Kirsten M. said...

Hallo,
ganz tolle Karten sind entstanden!!! Leuchttürme sind wirklich faszinierend:) Und auf so einer länglichen Karte kommt er voll zur Wirkung. Herzlichst Kirsten

Darnell said...

Ah, to be on the coast right now! And who doesn't love the beach, lighthouses, and sweet little sailboats?! These are fabulous, Cheryl, and I love the insides! You are a giver, my friend, and I admire your dedication to making cards for the thrift store. Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Glittered Paws said...

Love the slimline cards - I just forget about making that size. But love the nautical theme of both cards. You are such a great person to donate the cards to your thrift store.

papierelle said...

Beautifully designed and the slimline format fits perfectly with it. Glad you joined us at DotMCC. Gundi

Chris said...

Beautiful slimline cards, lovely ocean scenes and fabulous die cuts. Thanks for joining in at DotMCC this month.
Chris
GDT.