Wish List

Tuesday, August 22, 2023

A couple of sympathy cards...

I had a couple of floral-patterned card bases in my stash for...well...years! I had started out with at least six of them, so I must have used four of them at some point. I didn't really care for the floral pattern, so for these last two I tried to think of a way to put the focus on something else. This is what I came up with:

I had recently gotten a set of vase dies. I decided to use two of the dies for these cards.


The pale pink panel on each card was die-cut and popped up on foam tape. 

I love the detail on the above vase. I cut it out of white cardstock and then used a finger dauber to add some ink to it. 



The flowers were also cut from white cardstock and colored with metallic paints.









This vase die also has some pretty detail. You can't see it, but after inking the vase, I ran a glitter pen along the arched lines to emphasize them. The sentiments on these cards were stamped and popped up on foam tape. The one on the card above was just a little crooked, and I wish I had restamped and recut it. 


I cut a few tiny, random flowers out of white cardstock and colored them with markers, using the colors in the card base. I glued the stems behind my vase before attaching it to the pink panel. 








I stamped a little flourish and a sentiment on the inside of each card. 

Sadly, I need to make sympathy cards every week for the thrift store. They always seem to sell quickly (even with crooked sentiments).

We have started a few projects in our house. We have painted trim in several areas and we are repainting some of it. We're also working on our stairs to the second floor. My DH is removing the carpet from them. Once that is done, we'll refinish them and possibly add a runner. It's a lot of putsy work, and neither one of us enjoys it much. I'd rather be making cards!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl


4 comments:

designbydonna said...

This was a great way to cover up a large print. Those vases are very pretty. I've never thought of die cutting in white and then coloring it. Thanks for the suggestion. I'd rather be crafting too. Thus my messy house!

Lynette said...

Well, I LIKE the background on these! But, I also like what you covered it up with. :-) Pretty flowers that you made. Good luck with your putsy work. I don't envy you that at all!

Patti J said...

What a great way to use up those bases! I have a few I need to use, too. I’ll think about my stamp options, and get it done as soon as I can get back to my creative space! Hugs!

Glittered Paws said...

Oh love the vase dies - and what a great way to use the floral backgrounds. I have a few of those left from a kit. You made some beautiful cards - and the florals you used in the vases is so pretty.
Putsy work - I don't like that at all - and my DH usually does the putsy work around here as he know I don't like it and I don't do it well.!!!
Take care and have a good weekend.