Wish List

Friday, July 28, 2023

A couple of "big brother" cards...

 A friend asked me to make a couple of cards for her young nephews (ages 5 and 3), congratulating them on becoming big brothers when their baby sister was born. Here's what I came up with:

I don't have a lot of images appropriate for little boys, but I thought they might like some animals on their cards. 

Both the teddy bear and the sentiment panel were popped up on foam squares. I did end up adding some little holographic stars around the bear before I gave it to my friend. 


This card was for the 5-year-old, so he had already been a big brother for a couple of years. 

The little duck was cut with a very, very old Cuttlebug die.









This card was for the 3-year-old. I thought he might like this little giraffe.  Again, the giraffe and the sentiment panel are popped up on foam squares. I'm hoping the hearts are indicative of the love he should show his baby sister, even though he's only three!


Inside this card I added a die-cut baby bottle (that old Cuttlebug die again!). 

All the sentiments for both cards were computer-generated.

I hope these cards were well received. I haven't been able to talk with my friend since I gave them to her.

It was a busy day at the thrift store yesterday. There is always a lot to do, but yesterday seemed extra busy. There were lots of card customers that stopped in, too. Yay!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

7 comments:

designbydonna said...

These are both cute. I use a lot of animals for little boys too. I'm sure the recipients will love getting their own cards fir this occasion,

Glittered Paws said...

Oh these are PERFECT - and how sweet they both are. I'm liking the giraffe bestest as I love giraffes but the teddy bear is adorable as well.

Patti J said...

These are adorable! I’m sure the little guys were so excited to get their very own mail! You’re the best, my friend!

Lynne in NI said...

I'd say these were definitely well received Cheryl by both your friend and the boys (what a lovely idea to send them both a card!)

JD/ Jill said...

How adorable! This is a great idea...never saw cards made for the siblings before! I'm sure they will love them!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Those are adorable!!!

Lynette said...

These cards are absolutely perfect, Cheryl!! Great sentiments you decided on. I really like everything about them.