Wish List

Friday, July 7, 2023

Two wedding shower cards...

 I was asked to make a couple of wedding shower cards, so here's what I came up with:

This is a relatively simple card. First, I used my computer to print the sentiment onto a panel for the front of my card. I used some blending brushes and a cloud stencil to add some interest to the background. Finally, I cut out my umbrella and flowers with dies.



I used a finger dauber to add a little ink to my umbrella to give it a little dimension. I also popped the canopy up on foam squares.

Each of the flowers got a tiny gem adhered to its center.
















The inside sentiment was also printed with the computer.










Since I was at a loss for ideas, I used the umbrella dies for the second card, too. This time the umbrella was turned upright with tiny flowers along the edge of the canopy. The raining hearts were created with a stencil.



Once again, the canopy is popped up on foam squares, but this time I used Nuvo Drops for the flower centers and for the button at the top of the umbrella.










Both sentiments on this card were created on the computer. 

Have you ever made cards for a wedding shower? If so, what did you use for the front of your cards? I'd really love some more ideas to have on hand when I get requests like these.

I fulfilled another "out-of-the-ordinary" request for two cards today. I'll share them in another post. These requests are really making me stretch my imagination and my cardmaking repertoire!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

6 comments:

designbydonna said...

The umbrella is a great idea for a shower. I really like the upside down one. i have not made shower cards but I did do shower invites once. I used the bride's colors. I used a lacy E/F for background and some flowers.

Glittered Paws said...

Oh cute cute - love the umbrella for a shower. I like the first one the best - but they are both really cute. Never made bridal shower cards. But you knocked it out of the park.

Lynette said...

These are fabulous, Cheryl! I have a stamp with an umbrella and some raindrops that I think I have used for a shower card. I'd be happy to show it to you - and let you use it! - next time you come over to play.

Patti J said...

These are adorable! They will make their recipients very happy! Thanks for sharing!

Lynne in NI said...

Nope I don't think I ever have made cards for a bridal shower! Great idea to use your pretty floral brolly and very clever to add in your shading to make it pop!

JD/ Jill said...

Very lovely shower cards!