Wish List

Tuesday, July 25, 2023

A trio of cards...


I had this black plaid piece of DSP matted with black CS in my stash. I decided it was time to use it, so I created this birthday card.


I decided to use one of my layered daisy-like die sets for the flower, cutting it out in red for a strong contrast to the black and white.

I glued  some black micro beads to center of my flower.








I love using this sentiment on cards. It always makes me laugh. This time I added a little winking face stamp, too, from Peachy Keen Stamps.







For this card, I started with an A2 card base that was dark purple on the outside and light purple on the inside. I cut the front edge of my card base with a curvy, stitched and scalloped border die. Then I took a card-sized panel of patterned cardstock and cut its edge with the same border die. Using my scissors, I fussy-cut the scallops off the patterned CS, just inside the stitched line. This was then adhered to the front of my card, covering it all except the scalloped edge.


There is some gold glitter in the patterned CS, so I added a dimensional gold flower sticker to my sentiment, which was popped up on foam squares.




I used a stitched oval on the inside of my card base for the sentiment. It was just the right size to be covered by the card front when it was closed.

Another gold flower sticker embellished the sentiment.







The thrift store gave me a partial pack of white cardstock frames. I embossed one of them with a geometric embossing folder and added it to my DSP panel on a white card base.


I die-cut my heart flowers out of white cardstock and colored them with alcohol markers. To finish off the front of my card, I added a little pink bow and a tiny tag, stamped with "thank you."









The inside of this card has only a stamped sentiment. This is another sentiment that I really like to use. I like the mix of fonts in it.










My 15-year-old grandson did an AMAZING job at the Senior State Long Course Championship Swim Meet, which was held at the University of Minnesota Aquatic Center this past weekend. 









He was the 200 Backstroke State Champion and won numerous other medals. He will be a Sophomore in High School this coming fall, so he still has three years to go. I'm hoping he's able to join a college team when he finishes High School. It's so exciting to see him compete.

Thanks for letting me have that "Proud Grandma Moment" and also for stopping by my blog. Remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

7 comments:

designbydonna said...

These are all great cards. Especially love the birthday sentiment. I have a friend who always claims to be 29 so that will be great for her. Congrats to your grandson, a handsome yount man.

Lynette said...

I'm sorry I'm so far behind with my comments. :-( Your cards are all super-wonderful!! Your grandson looks like you! Congratulations to him - what an amazing accomplishment and at such a young age!

Glittered Paws said...

Which first - ok - PROUD Grandma - congrats to him - he is going to be a heart breaker!!!
And then to the cards - I am really liking the heart flowers and the frames - what a great card. Love the other two as well. And I have that stamp as well and I think it is a riot. My besties are not 29 and I am surely not 110 pounds. Great job on all three cards.

Patti J said...

What fun to watch this young man growing up, an excelling at what he loves! You can share and brag any time you like! Beautiful cards! You’re so talented!

Lynne in NI said...

A fab set of cards Cheryl, I especially love the floral one on the plaid background, it's so striking!
Congratulations to your grandson, that is an amazing achievement to be State Champion ... I can only imagine how much training it took to get there!!!

JD/ Jill said...

All your cards (as always) are wonderful. Congrats to your grandson. That's quite and accomplishment. (I'm even more impressed because I can't even swim)

By the way...on my latest card. I did not stitch those lines. It was part of the paper. (wish I could sew again... but my lines would never be that straight!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

I especially like the bold black, red and white!