Wish List

Tuesday, July 18, 2023

3D embossing folders and a little white ink...

I made several cards recently using nothing more than a 3D embossing folder, a little white ink and a sentiment.


After embossing my blue panel of cardstock, I used a finger dauber and a white ink pad to highlight the raised areas.

White ink takes a long time to dry, so I would typically do this to a couple of panels (or more) at a time and let them dry overnight.

The sentiment as been popped up on foam tape.






This card could be used for a wedding card or an anniversary card.









This card was a little trickier to hit just the raised areas with the white ink. I still liked the end result.


I had a smaller piece of blue CS left, so I embossed that, added some white ink and a white frame  before adhering it to a patterned cardbase. The sentiment was popped up on foam squares with a couple of punched sprigs to tie in to the patterned CS.


Next, I tried the same technique with some purple cardstock. I love how this one turned out! This time I tied some sheer ribbon around the purple panel before gluing it to my cardbase. 



The sentiment was popped up on foam squares that also help to keep the ribbon in place.








Many years ago, before I had many stamps, I printed out some sentiments onto white cardstock. This was one of them. I must have been planning on making a lot of sympathy cards, because I still have quite a few of these left. The problem is, I didn't print them on card-size panels, so I have to cut them out with a square die and then matte them or frame them for a finished look.

I just love working with 3D embossing folders. Folks who are not at all familiar with what we cardmakers do will wonder, "How did she DO that?"

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl
 

6 comments:

designbydonna said...

The embossing and white ink look so elegant.Those big flowers are gorgeous. I like the look of the inside sentiment framed out. It makes it more outstanding. I am going to give that a try.

Jeanne H said...

Please what is that embossing folder? Email me if you don't want to answer in your blog.

Lynette said...

These are all so beautiful, Cheryl! I love the folders and the white ink makes them just perfect. Great sentiment on the inside, also. I just might copy that from you.

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

These cards are absolutely gorgeous! I love those 3D embossed designs!

JD/ Jill said...

These are so lovely! I must gives these a try!

Glittered Paws said...

These are absolutely beautiful - soft - and pleasant to the eye. Makes a wonderful sympathy card - I think I have to try this - if I can find my white ink pad.