Wish List

Monday, July 10, 2023

Baby cards to donate...

Right now we have no new babies in our family, nor is there an expectation that there will be a new baby anytime soon. I don't let that stop me from making baby cards, though. They always seem to sell well at the thrift store, so recently I made a couple of cards with a new onesie die set.

I had a small piece of blue cardstock that had been embossed with an argyle embossing folder, so I cut the first onesie out of that (it really didn't flatten the embossing at all). I wanted the argyle pattern to show up a little more, so I used a finger dauber to lightly add some ink to the raised pattern.


The little giraffe was cut using an old Cuttlebug die. It was the perfect size for the onesie. I simply added a few brown Nuvo Drops for the eye and the spots.

I also used some Nuvo Drops for the snaps between the leg holes and on either side of my sentiment, which was stamped, die-cut and popped up on foam tape.






I'm not sure what this card fold is called, but as you can see in the photo, the bottom flap comes up and the top of the card folds over the top of that.










Here you can see the full panel on the inside with its stamped sentiment.









I made another card for a little girl. This time I used the bib die and the "Sweet Baby" die that were in the die set with the onesie.


The inside of this card was stamped with the same sentiment as the first card.

Since this is the first time I've used this die set, I'm entering this card into NBUS Challenge #52 over on the NBUS blog.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl





6 comments:

designbydonna said...

These are so sweet. I like that fold and will be trying it. It is so fun to make baby cards.

Lynne in NI said...

Oh my, these are adorable Cheryl! What a fab die!

Glittered Paws said...

These will go quickly at the thrift shop. Love them both - I think I have that cuttlebug giraffe in my stash somewhere.

Lynette said...

Oh, so cute!! I especially like the little girl one. - just darling.

Darnell said...

Oh, Cheryl, both the little baby boy and baby girl cards are darling! Is there anything cuter than a onesie, especially when they have appliqued giraffes and bibs?! I don't think so. And that fold is called "over my head," lol! I do love that verse; it's always been one of my favorites and it's so true! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

JD/ Jill said...

Really cute cards!