Wish List

Friday, July 21, 2023

You're only young once...

 My brother-in-law's birthday was last month, and this is the card I made for him:

This is another gatefold shutter card. I really love making these, and I think the way it reveals the sentiment on the inside is so cool.



The digital image is "Gus" from Bugaboo stamps. He's easy to color and I like adding some glossy accents to his glasses.

This was the perfect image for my brother-in-law, as he is still recovering from an extended stay in the hospital and rehab and often dresses uber casually at home. He lives alone, so there's no one he needs to impress! LOL

He laughed when he opened the card, which was exactly what I hoped would happen.









Here's what it looks like on the inside when it's fully opened.  If you want to see a similar card in action, you can watch the very short video in this post. 

I have a die set that cuts out this mechanism on the inside so it is very quick to add to the card. I think I'll make a couple of these this weekend for the thrift store. The regular buyers of my cards there will love the option of an interactive card.

Our dog Mickey is in training--again. The current trainer is much better than the first one we had, and Mickey is progressing nicely. He knows come, sit, stay and we're working on stand and watch me. Eventually, he'll also learn to heel. He's not all that great on a leash right now, and it will be a relief when he can heel properly.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

4 comments:

designbydonna said...

Cheryl, that is just hilarious. That image is just perfect for a funny birthday. Nice interest too with that fold.

JD/ Jill said...

Cute and clever card!

Glittered Paws said...

This is a "hoot" - and so true. I think these will go over well at the thrift store - anything a bit different than a regular A2 card will go over.
Hope Mickey gets the Heel command down pat - so important when you are walking him. Sounds like this trainer is doing a nice job.

Lynette said...

This is such a great card!!! I remember when you used that sentiment quite a while ago. I wrote it down to use some time, and I haven't used it yet!! I also love the action of this card. Again, after you posted one of these a long time ago, I ordered some dies to make one. I think I made one! Maybe next time you come over, you can show me again how to do it?