Wish List

Friday, July 14, 2023

Tri-fold shutter cards...

 

These are the cards I made my twin daughters for their birthday a few days ago. I had some pre-made tri-shutter fold card bases on hand, so I decided to use a couple of those.

I added the die-cut scalloped rectangle to each card. It was the perfect size for the die-cut "Happy Birthday."

They were kind of fun to make because there are so many different little areas to embellish.

Here's a birds-eye view of how the cards are cut and folded.


They both turned 46 years old this year. I can hardly believe it! They're my babies. lol I added some sentiments on die-cut ovals to the small rectangular areas and left a little room for a personal note and signature on the larger rectangular area.


These were so much fun to make. It took a little time to get all the measurements, but after I did that, it was a piece of cake!



This is my favorite picture of my twins. I think they were three years old in this photo. I sewed the little sunsuits they are wearing, and they look so darn cute in them.

They played outside a lot in the summertime, so their little legs would get nicely tanned.

Sometimes I miss the days when I had four little kids running around the house and crawling into my lap every time I sat down.











Here's one last look at the cards standing on display.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

8 comments:

designbydonna said...

These are very impressive. II like that fold. know your daughters will be happy to see how much time you spent with making their special cards. I know what you mean about missing your chkdren at that young age. Then I spend time with my 3 year old granddaughter and decide maybe not. I think what I miss more is me at the age of having young children.

Lynette said...

Great cards for your babies! Such a cute picture of them - I can see why it's your favorite. Cute little sunsuits, too. I used to sew for my kids, too, but I only had two of them. :-)

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

These cards are brilliant! I love this design and the papers too! The pop-out sentiments are so cool too. I must have a go at making one of these. What a beautiful picture of your daughters too, just adorable and that time goes by in a flash doesn't it. Michelle xx

Irish Cherokee said...

My wife at "Ribbon Challenged" said I should check out your blog a few days ago. I am very impressed with your creativity. When cards are not all standard fold. Your artistic eye and color use is excellent. The tri-fold cards are great. I am sure the twins loved them. I've tried my hand at sewing. Made my own seit for our 10th wedding anniversary service.

Hugs and Blessings
Jim

Lynne in NI said...

Oh wow, these are fabulous Cheryl! And what a sweet photo - my mum used to make me clothes too - I still remember my favourite little purple shorts and a t-shirt to match from when I was about 5 or 6!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Happy birthday to your twins! Those are very special cards you made for them. Our daughters are 46 and 48.....guess that makes me OLD!

Since I don't get your notifications any more, I forget to check our your blog, but I'm seeing a lot of great cards here!

JD/ Jill said...

Nicely done cards! I like the photo of your daughters too. I sewed a lot of her school clothes. (they wore dresses to school back then...smile!0)
I even sewed for my granddaughter for while.

Glittered Paws said...

Love these two "same but different" cards. Love the picture of the girls. I too had twin boys - (thought we had a few things in common), and one has passed - but the youngest one will be 50 - eeks 50 this year. Where does the time go.