Wish List

Wednesday, July 5, 2023

Let's Craft and Create Challenge #197: Anything Goes or Add a Flower...

 

A belated "Happy Independence Day" to all those in the U. S. I hope you had a great holiday weekend and were able to join in some festivities with family or friends.

This month's challenge at Let's Craft and Create is an easy one for most crafters--Add a Flower! We all use flowers in our cardmaking at some point, don't we? I opted to color a couple of flower images and use them on two cards.

I used Prismacolor pencils and odorless mineral spirits to color both images.

On this image, I used the technique of adding color near the center of the  flower and then blending it out to the edges of the petals. I did the same with the leaves. 



The image was die-cut and popped up on foam squares. It was just wide enough to cover the seam of my two patterned papers.

I added some gems to the centers of the flowers for a little sparkle.






On the inside I stamped a sentiment and a small flower image, coloring the flower the same way I had colored those on the front.










For the image on this card, I used my colored pencils to add some darker color to the tips of the petals and then smoothed and blended that color towards the center of the flower with mineral spirits. Each leaf was colored by adding color to both ends and blending it towards the center.



I used two different shades of blue to color the cup and saucer, trying to add some shading under the flowers and on the saucer. I definitely need more practice, but I am gradually getting a little better.

I only added some gems to the sentiment oval on this card.

The sentiments on both card fronts were popped up on foam squares.




Once again I added a stamped sentiment and the little stamped flower. This time the flower was colored using the same technique as I used on the main image.

Now it's your turn. I hope you'll check out all the wonderful inspiration on the Let's Craft and Create website and then enter your own flower-embellished card, or any other card you wish to share. There is always the "Anything Goes" option.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

5 comments:

designbydonna said...

As always your flowers are beautiful. The coloring is perfect. That tea cup of flowers would certainly cheer me up. I love tea parties.

Lynette said...

Very pretty flowers and coloring, Cheryl. I love the patterned papers, too. Yes, I know that I certainly use flowers! My today's post has a flower.

Glittered Paws said...

I haven't colored with colored pencils in a long time. These are so pretty - especially the tea cup card. I would love to get this card if I was feeling in a "sick" mood.

Patti J said...

Beautiful cards, Cheryl! And your coloring is amazing - these blooms look so real! Thanks for sharing and inspiring!

Lynne in NI said...

Beautiful! I have a flower stamp the same shape as your first one and find it so difficult to use, I'll have to copy your layout 😉