Wish List

Tuesday, August 30, 2022

Special delivery...

 

This card was made with a combination of items the thrift store had given me to use and items I had in my stash.

The green scalloped square with the lamb image and buttons, as well as the card base, were pre-made items I received from the store.

I added the lacy-edged rectangle, the strip of pink CS with bow, and the sentiment, popped up on foam tape.


I thought the pink and green were such a nice color combination for a baby card. The "little lamb" image is super cute, too, don't you think?







The inside was stamped with a simple sentiment, and my card was done!

This is another card that was donated to the thrift store. Baby cards seem to sell quickly there.










Now a few pictures of the progress on our kitchen. The walls have been sheetrocked, but they still have to mud and sand the seams and screw holes.

This is the new arched opening to the kitchen area and the stairs.


These two walls will hold the bulk of the cabinets. The sink will be under the window, as you can see from the rough-in plumbing there.


This will be the "cooking alcove" where the stove and a few more cabinets will be located.  This arch was already there, and they made the new archway in the first picture to match this one.

Lots more work ahead to finish it up. It's actually going pretty smoothly, given that this is a house that was built in 1927 and most of the structure is still intact as originally built. That means lots of plaster and lath (think LOTS of dust and dirt when deconstructing). I will be so glad when this is over, I think I'll throw myself a party! LOL

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

5 comments:

designbydonna said...

This is a sweet baby card. The centerpiece looks like a stitched sampler. The scallopped border frame is just perfect for framing the image. I do love the pink and green combo. Looks like the kitchen is coming together nicely. My thought on a 1927 home is probably not everything is square and they need to work around that.

Patti J said...

You definitely need a party! It’s tough living in a home where remodeling is going on. I love the homes from the 20’s! A piece of history, for sure. Hang in there, you will love the end result! Your card is adorable! That border just looks like lacework on a baby quilt! Beautifully done!

Lynette said...

I agree - that little lamb panel is adorable, and perfect for a baby card! Oh my - what a mess! It's going to be so wonderful when it's done, though, and well worth what you're going through. Glad it's moving along nicely.

Glittered Paws said...

What a precious baby card - and love it in the pink/green colors. This one will go quickly.
Oh my you do have a "mess" - but when it is done it will be lovely. When is the party???

Lynne in NI said...

Looks like you're on the homeward stretch now Cheryl and heading for the fun part where you see it all coming together! I love older houses, they have so much character - that was so clever to have your new arch as a reflection of the old one.
Super cute card by the way, that little lamb is adorable!!