Wish List

Tuesday, August 23, 2022

A fuschsia happy birthday...

I bought this fuschsia die set recently, and I am still figuring out how to color it properly. I cut everything from heavy white cardstock and used inks, markers and watercolor pencils (with a water brush) to color them. I wasn't completely satisfied with the outcome, but I think it will get better with practice.

I love using a pierced-design die to add some dimension to the background. I think it adds so much to the look of the card.


I'm sure you can see in both of these photos that I have added some clear dewdrops and I've popped up my stamped and die-cut sentiment.









I used two different stamps on the inside for the sentiment.

I'm looking forward to making more of these fuschsia cards. There are a few other varieties of fuschsias that are different colors, but I think I like the pink and purple best.

We have finished our 5-day stint of babysitting my daughter's two dogs and three cats. Now we have to focus on getting the rest of the supplies we need for our part in the kitchen remodel--like paint for kitchen, dining room, living room, and entryways. We also have to prepare for company. I can't believe they really want to stay with us in the middle of the remodeling! I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

5 comments:

Patti J said...

Sounds like you have some adventurous friends! Will be curious as to how it all turns out, and can’t wait for before and after pics! Your card is so pretty! My mom loved fushia plants, so you have spurred my memory with fond thoughts today! Thanks for sharing this gorgeous creation!

Jeanne H said...

Oh, love this and the colors are great. Now I will need that die.

Lynette said...

So beautiful, Cheryl! Good luck with your remodel - and your company!!

designbydonna said...

The flowers are beautiful and I think the coloring is just right. I can't even imagine living through a kitchen remodel. We had our 2 bathrooms done a few years ago but they only tore up one at a time so we still had one to use.

Glittered Paws said...

What a pretty die and your coloring is spot on.
Company and remodel just doesn't sound like it goes together. When we did our kitchen I didn't even want to be there.