Wish List

Tuesday, August 16, 2022

Sometimes all you need is a pretty border die...

 

This card was nearly impossible to get a good photo of because of the shiny, embossed cardstock I used for the base.

I cut my A2 cardbase from the butterfly DSP, used a pretty border die on the front's bottom edge and added a blue strip of CS with a die-cut bow. Easy peasy!


I didn't want to detract from the pretty DSP, so I added a small "Happy Birthday" strip sentiment.






On the inside of the card, I added a stamped sentiment and a wide strip of blue CS that helped to highlight the pretty border on the front.

I also rounded the corners, as I thought they looked much better than square corners under the scalloped front.

It's so much fun to use some pretty CS for a card base. This was pretty heavy stuff, so it made a very substantial card. I love that sentiment on the inside, too, don't you?

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

5 comments:

designbydonna said...

You know I love butterflies, When you have gorgeous paper, you don't need a lot of other elements. That scalloped border looks like butterfly wings. Yes I love that sentiment. I have used it too.

Patti J said...

Very pretty card, Cheryl! Love that paper, and the tiny little border and sentiment make me smile! Great card, thanks for sharing!

Lynette said...

Great card! Simple cards are so fun.

Lynne in NI said...

Well... Sometimes all you need is a pretty border die AND some gorgeous DSP AND a wonderful imagination to put it all together to make such a gorgeous card!!!

Glittered Paws said...

I have that same sentiment and love it. Very pretty border die too. Especially with butterflies.