Wish List

Tuesday, August 9, 2022

Out of this world...

 

Because cards are so hard to create for teenage boys, I bought this "...out of this World" die. It makes quick work of cards that are suitable for them.

This is a simple, one-layer card. I didn't use glitter cardstock for the die-cut, but I think it would look great. I may try that next time I use it.

I left the real surprise for the inside. I used a pop-out die to which I attached the stars that had been cut out when using the die. They pop out as seen in the photo whenever the card is opened.

I also used a star stencil from Dollar Tree to add some yellow stars to the background. My sentiment was printed with my computer. I like how this one turned out, and plan to use this pop-out die for lots more cards.

By the time you read this, our kitchen will be torn apart by the remodelers. I'll try to remember to take a few pictures along the way and share them with you.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

6 comments:

designbydonna said...

This card is spectacular. Good not just for boys but anyone. Love the surprise of the inside pop-up

Glittered Paws said...

Love love love this card - perfect for a teen boy. The pop up stars are perfect. When we redid our kitchen I found it took a lot of patience on my part - so just take some deep breaths and work around it. The end result will be amazing.

Lynette said...

OH, that is so cool, Cheryl!! Awesome card. Good luck with your kitchen.

Carol O'Connor said...

Very nice! Do you remember where you got the pop-up die?

Patti J said...

What a great card! The inside surprise is so much fun! Well done, my friend, as always!

Lynne in NI said...

Oh wow, that is so cool!!!! Love the pop up (they were always my favourite type of books when I as a kid LOL)
I'm sure you are glad to see the builders getting stuck in, but maybe not so glad to see the mess! It will all be worth it in the end!