Wish List

Tuesday, August 2, 2022

Happy Anniversary in red, white and black...

 

I had a scrap of this polka-dotted paper laying on my desk, so I decided to use it for an anniversary card. I cut the scalloped frame and the flowers from white cardstock, and I cut the flower heads from red.  Before gluing the flower heads to the white die-cut, I used a blending brush and some green ink to add some color to the stems and leaves.


I used some Nuvo Drops to add some dots to the flower centers.

I really love how the blending brush gave dimension to the stems and leaves by not solidly coloring them in. I should have cut the flower heads from white and done the same thing with them. Next time...







I used an old wood-mounted stamp on the inside. I think it was meant for a wedding card, but I believe it works equally well for an anniversary card.

I love the dramatic colors of this card. I think it has already been sold at the thrift shop, so I need to make some more. Next time I'll remember to use ONLY blending brushes and ink pads to color the entirety of the flowers!







I think the fan on my computer is going out. Every once in a while I can actually hear it and can occasionally feel it vibrating. I contacted the computer store where I bought the computer, and they said I could go ahead and bring it in. Have you ever had a fan go out in your computer? Was it an expensive repair?

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

6 comments:

designbydonna said...

Cheryl, you really do make the most gorgeous flowers. I love the red against b/w dotted background. That is a pretty frame too. Never heard of a fan going bad on a computer. Are you uing a laptop? If so maybe it is overheating and needs air circulation underneath

Lynne in NI said...

Oooh fab card Cheryl, your flowers really pop against your dotty background! Sorry can't help re the fan, hope it's not too many $$$$ to repair!!

Lynette said...

Black, white and red - such a classic, awesome combination!! Great card.

Patti J said...

Black, red, and white make me so happy! What a cheerful, pretty card! Sure hope your fan isn’t an expensive fix! Mine needs a new hard drive. I keep trying to make connections with my IT guy, but I’m traveling, then he is, then I am again, and so on! Maybe after this trip Sunday, I’ll have a couple of weeks! Thanks for sharing, and good luck!

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

What a gorgeous card and so striking too, I do love poppies and love the contrast on the black and white. I'm not surprised that this one sold so quickly. I hope that you and your family are keeping well, Michelle x

Glittered Paws said...

So pretty - love the colors - they absolutely pop off the page. Hoping the fan isn't too expensive for your computer. I just had my hard drive replaced in April so I have a few more miles left.