Wish List

Friday, August 26, 2022

It's o-fish-ally your day...

 

I nearly forgot to write a post for today, so here I am doing it during lunchtime.

I made these cards for the thrift store using some fun, dimensional fish stickers. I also used the last of my water-like background paper (and I REALLY wish I had more of it!).


These cards were super simple to make. I cut some "coral" with one of my foliage dies. I also added some clear Nuvo Drops for bubbles. You can see in the photo at left that they're not dry yet, as they dry clear.









I printed the sentiment with my computer, cut it out with a dotted-edge die and popped it up with foam tape.

I think I should have made my bubbles different sizes, but hopefully, I'll remember to do that next time. The fish stickers, by the way, came from Dollar Tree. It's always fun to go through their stickers and see if there are any that will speed up my cardmaking for the thrift store.


The inside of each card was stamped with a fun sentiment. 

We have lots of customers at the thrift store that are grandma/grandpa age, so I try to make a few cards that they would enjoy sending to their grandchildren.

And now for a little "remodeling news." The sheetrockers have arrived and are setting up in the kitchen area as I type this. I'll take a photo when they get the kitchen sheetrocked and share it in my next post.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

4 comments:

Patti J said...

What fun! Love the cute fish, and your bubbles look just fine! Great job, as always! The thrift store is SO lucky to have you creating for them! I can’t wait to see photos of your kitchen, hopefully before and after! Happy Saturday!

designbydonna said...

These are fun cards. Kids will love them or even a fisherman. The sentiment is great with the fish theme. I had that water paper too but haven't found it again. Okay, so I am off to the Dollar Tree to search their stickers.

Glittered Paws said...

This is absolutely too cute. Love Dollar Tree stickers - can make a card in no time. I am sure grandparents will love this.
And the kitchen remodel goes on - anxious to see the picture.

Lynette said...

What great cards, Cheryl! So cool you made so many for the thrift store. We strive to use up our papers, and when (if??) we finally do, then we wish we had some more of it! Funny how that works. Glad the remodel is moving along for you.