Wish List

Friday, August 19, 2022

Pretty fairy...

Sometimes, the thrift store where I volunteer gives me random card punch-outs to use when making the cards I donate to them. I once got several fairy scene punch-outs. I thought they were so pretty and would make great birthday cards for young girls.

It really didn't take much to make this card. I added a panel of pale pink DSP around which I had tied some crinkled hem tape. I cut the image with a large ticket-shaped die and then backed it with gold foil.

The fairy panel was popped up on foam tape. The sentiment was cut from the same gold metallic cardstock as the mat and adhered to the fairy panel.







On the inside of the card, I adhered one of the punch-out sentiments (also backed with a gold metallic mat).

Since there were some smaller fairy images included with the larger ones, I decided to make a gift tag as an extra to include with the card. I made three cards like this, and I think that little extra helped sell these cards very quickly.

Our kitchen remodel is moving right along. I am writing this post on Tuesday evening (8/16), and today, the electrician was here to do the rough-in electrical work. Tomorrow (8/17) the plumber will be stopping by to begin his rough-in work. When you read this on Friday, hopefully most, if not all, of their work will be completed.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

6 comments:

designbydonna said...

Very pretty images. Just right for little girls. That pink scrunchy ribbon is a perfect touch. You will have a beautiful kitchen but oh my, living through the reno can't be fun. Be sure to post pictures.

Lynette said...

What a beautiful card, Cheryl!! (And tag, too.) I'm glad that you get a few supplies from the thrift store that you can then use on some cards that you donate. I'm also glad that your kitchen remodel is going so well!! Good luck with the rest of it and I hope you're back in your kitchen sooner than you thought possible.

Patti J said...

It’s so nice that you do so much for your thrift store, and equally nice that they help out this way! What a gorgeous card! Well done, as always, Cheryl! The tag is such a fun addition! Best of luck on finishing up your kitchen - hope you will show before and after photos! Hugs…

Lynne in NI said...

Awh this is so pretty Cheryl, and I'm not surprised your fairy cards sold quickly!! It's a challenge to use something you normally wouldn't choose yourself but you did a great job!
Glad to hear your kitchen is coming along, I'm sure you can't wait!

Darnell said...

Great way to use those beautiful punch outs, Cheryl, and I'm not surprised they sold quickly! Including the pretty gift tag (/bookmark) made them extra special! And I'm so excited for you about the new kitchen! I hope it all goes smoothly and I hope you show us photos!! Hugs, Darnell

Glittered Paws said...

Such pretty images to work with. No wonder they sold quickly. Anxious to see your new kitchen.