Wish List

Friday, August 5, 2022

Let's Craft and Create Challenge #186: Anything Goes or Feeling Distressed (distressed paper)...

 


When I saw this month's challenge theme at Let's Craft and Create, I must admit, I was a little...well...distressed. I don't usually make cards that have a distressed look. In fact, in years and years of cardmaking, I could count them all on one hand! 

I didn't want to back away from using distressed paper, so I dug through my stash until I found some in a 4 1/2" X 6" paper pad of pastel distressed designs. Here's what I created:

I found this pale orange striped paper that was distressed in random areas. Once I had cut my panel, I used a distressing tool to rough up the edges a bit, as well.

The letters were cut using my largest alphabet dies. I cut them each four times and stacked them up for more dimension.

The small embellishments were cut with a very, very old Provocraft die. Even the little hearts were a part of the design of this die.


In this photo, you can see some of the distressed pattern of the DSP and also the ragged edges created with a distressing tool.

I've added some glossy accents to the hearts and rattle and a tiny ribbon bow to the "Y".




I added some more of the images cut by the Provocraft die to the inside, along with a stamped sentiment.

When this card was finished, I decided that I quite liked it. I also thought I should try using more distressed DSP and use that distressing tool a bit more in my cardmaking.

Do you like the distressed look? If you do, I hope you'll join us at Let's Craft and Create and enter your project in our challenge. If you're not a fan, you can always choose the "Anything Goes" option. For inspiration, check out the Design Team's creations here.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

5 comments:

designbydonna said...

Cute baby card. I like the distressed look. I'm like you though, I don't use it much. Your big letters really stand out to fill the card so it didn't need much more. The little accents are perfect.

corysnana said...

Love reading about your "distress", Cheryl. "Distressed is not my "go-to" either - especially in the Tim Holtz sense of distress and cardmaking. Great papers - your background reminded me of the days I would take sandpaper to my cardstock (especially the paper that had a white core). Good for you for not backing away from the challenge. Happy to join you on the team. Cathy

Lynette said...

So cute and so well-done, Cheryl! You did great with the distress look. Love the inside sentiment, too.

Glittered Paws said...

This is too cute - and I need a baby card - so....I think I will case it. Don't know yet if it is a boy/girl but I think it yellows greens it doesn't matter. Thanks for the inspiration.

Lynne in NI said...

Aww what a cutie Cheryl, your distressing is great and I love the inside too. I think I could maybe count the distressed cards I've made on one finger hahaha, I'm definitely more of a straight lines and clean edges type of girl!