Wish List

Friday, September 2, 2022

Cute little monsters...

 

I made these two fun birthday cards (to be donated to the thrift store) a couple of weeks ago. They sold immediately, so I definitely need to make some more. Those cute monsters were so much fun to make.


This was the first one that I made. His head/body is popped up on foam tape, but his hands and feet are glued to the card.










Look at those fangs and the claws on his feet! So tiny! I have to be careful not to lose them when I'm taking them out of the die.

The die also impresses some "spots" on his face, so I enhanced them a bit with some clear Nuvo Drops. I few "warts" just makes him more handsome.







I thought a purple monster would work for either a boy or a girl.

For this card, I die-cut the sentiment out of glitter cardstock and added a few holographic stars.

When I make more of these, I'm going to make a pink monster, too, with a little bow on her head. he he





For each card, I printed a sentiment with my computer. The word "big" looks a little faded in this photo because I had a smudge on my camera lens. I had already taken these to the thrift store when I noticed it in the photo, so I couldn't retake it.

Last night I went to a local high school football game to see my granddaughter perform with her high school marching band. They played prior to the game and also put on a half-time show. They were SO GOOD! One of the songs they played was Michael Jackson's "Thriller," and everyone in the band, except the tubas, baritones and drums, did a choreographed dance in between two run-throughs of the song. It was just great and so much fun to see my granddaughter, who was placed right up front with her trombone during "Thriller." I hope I didn't embarrass her with my loud cheering.

Anyway, I had a monsterous good time at the game.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

4 comments:

designbydonna said...

How fun. These will delight any child. Love them in purple and green but I think they will work in any color combo. Also fun Halloween.

Lynette said...

Oh yes - I agree. These monsters (and cards) are so cute!! How fun to see your granddaughter in the marching band. I always enjoyed it - but that was a LONG time ago! LOL.

Glittered Paws said...

The monsters are too fun - and love the warts. I can see why these sold fast at the thrift store. Doesn't seeing grandkids perform make your heart smile??? And the grandkids love to see their grandparents at their events.

Patti J said...

Oh my goodness, that game sounds like so much fun! Our daughter was on the dance team her freshman year, and they did Thriller! Thanks for yet another fun memory! These cards are delightfully cute! Where, oh where could I find that die? Love these lots and lots, and my ‘grands’ would love them too! Hugs!