Wish List

Friday, September 30, 2022

Cherries on a fun fold...

 

Since I had some of this pretty, cherry-patterned DSP in my stash, I decided to make a card with it. This time I opted for a simple fun fold. This is one of my favorite folds--it's so much more interesting than the usual A2 card, but is still super simple to make.

The cherries were die-cut and adhered to the white panel after using a stamp to add a speckled background for them. The "Happy Birthday" was also die-cut. When I was done with that, it still seemed like it needed something, so I added the little triangular corners out of the green DSP, which I also used as a mat for my cherry paper.


Here is how the card opens up. The piece on the right is a separate piece that is adhered behind the white panel. You could actually make it any size you wanted.





And this is the card fully opened. I added a stamped sentiment to the inside panel.

Do you have a favorite fun fold? I'll admit that I have several. It's fun to make the more complicated ones if I have the time. These days, however, it seems I just don't have that much time.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

5 comments:

designbydonna said...

I like that fun fold and have used it. I like the spattred background behind the cherries. Those corner accents do seem to anchor the card. I will have to try that. Great "cherry" birthday card.

Lynette said...

I like your fun-fold, Cheryl, and the cheery cherries!

Patti J said...

I have lots of fave folds! This may be one of them…so versatile! Cute, colorful, happy card, Cheryl! Thanks for sharing!

Lynne in NI said...

Such a cheerful cherry card Cheryl!
All my life I've thought I didn't like cherries, and then this year, age 54, I actually bought some for Greg, tasted one and loved it!!! I have no idea why I thought I disliked them in the first place!!

Glittered Paws said...

I love fun folds - what a fun cherry - cheery card!!! LOL I like the pain splatters - great job.