Wish List

Friday, September 9, 2022

Floral slimline card...


 My stepdaughter's birthday was in August, and this is the card I made for her. I stamped the image using a light-colored ink. Then I used a stencil and blending brush to lay down a very light base of color on each flower.

Instead of using the other stencils to add shading, I used my water color pencils and a water brush to add some depth to the petals and leaves. I also outlined each of the petals with a colored pencil.

When my coloring was done, I created a mask for my flowers so that I could use a blending brush to add some color to the background.

Using the water brush did cause my cardstock to warp, since it wasn't extra heavy. All I had to do to straighten it out was run it through my laminating machine. Voila! It became perfectly flat once again.

Finally, I stamped the sentiment, and then adhered the panel to my slimline card base.

For a final touch, I added some clear dots.



Since there is so much room on the inside of a slimline card, I stamped just the largest flower again with yellow ink.

This card took quite a while for me to make because I'm such a slow colorer, but I actually really enjoyed the coloring. I am going to try this process again with other stamp and stencil sets. I feel like I get better shading and have more control if I add it with colored pencils.

Do you like to use stamp and stencil sets? Even if you use all the stencils to add different shades of color, I recommend trying to add some additional shading with colored pencils. I figure if I can do it, anyone can!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

5 comments:

Patti J said...

I was starting to worry about you! Glad you’re back! Bet your stepdaughter loved this beautiful card! The water droplet is a perfect finishing touch! Beautifully done!

designbydonna said...

Beautiful card Cheryl. Those flowers are so gorgeous. All the time you took to color was worth it. The clear drops look just like water drops on the leaves. The additonal flower inside not only fills up space but decorates the inside beautifully too.

Lynette said...

OH, that's beautiful, Cheryl!! Your coloring is superb and I love the clear dots. The inside is so well-done, too.

Lynne in NI said...

Oh wow Cheryl, what a stunner!!! Your colouring is FABULOUS!

Glittered Paws said...

Wow oh Wow - beautiful card - everything about this card is beautiful. I've not used stencil/stamp sets "yet" but I have a friend that has a couple of sets that I am sure we will use the next time we get together.