Wish List

Friday, September 23, 2022

Beautiful butterfly...

 

This is such a simple card, but I actually really loved it when it was done.

I started by adding a panel of DSP to the front of my A2 cardbase. Then I cut the fancy butterfly out of some white cardstock. I also cut a solid butterfly that came in the same die set out of vellum and glued it behind the fancy one.


You can see the vellum a little better in this photo.

I use a die from another butterfly set to cut the turquoise body. I really liked the contrast.

The sentiment was die-cut from teal and then from white and stacked for dimension.





I printed the inside sentioment with my computer. I think I may have to make a whole set of cards like this in different colors this winter. They will remind me of spring when we're dealing with mountains of snow here in Minnesota!

Do you tend to make more cards during the winter months? I know I do. This summer has been especially busy with our months-long remodeling project, and I have struggled to get enough cards made for my stash and for the thrift store. Thank goodness for crafty friends like Lynette (My Stamping Addiction) who donates cards to the store, too.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

6 comments:

designbydonna said...

Beautiful card. I love butterflies. I love aqua. Your white butterflies calms down a busy background. Love the vellum behind it. I am going to try this. I have lots of busy design papers.

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

A beautiful card and I love your choice of colour too. Such a delicate butterfly too and very effective with the vellum layer. Take care Michelle x

Glittered Paws said...

What a beautiful butterfly die, especially with the vellum underlay and the blue body. Very pretty card.

Patti J said...

This is so pretty, Cheryl! The vellum behind the butterfly is such a nice look, and that color is gorgeous! Love this!

Lynette said...

This is beautiful, Cheryl!! I especially love the added vellum butterfly. Thanks for the shout-out. I'm happy to help. I'm afraid I'm not getting many cards done lately for you, though. Hopefully soon!

Lynne in NI said...

Simply stunning! Bet your butterfly looks even more striking in real life with his pretty vellum wings!
We have a butterfly bush in our garden (I think it's called a buddleia) and the amount of butterflies round it this year was unbelievable!