Wish List

Tuesday, September 27, 2022

Another quick baby card...

As I've mentioned before, I sometimes am given stickers (usually just odds and ends) when I volunteer at the thrift store. They give them to me in hopes that I can use them on the cards I make for them to sell. I've gotten quite a few baby-themed stickers, and here's a card I made with some of them.

The rectangle with the tiny buttons was a sticker, as was the teddy bear sleeping on a cloud with the baby banner hanging beheath it. I just placed the bear on the green and pink panel before adhering both to my card front. The sentiment was stamped, die-cut and popped up on foam squares.


Each letter of the banner was also held in place with a tiny foam square. Those little stick-ums sure come in handy!










On the inside of the card I stamped a sentiment and added yet another sticker--a cute little gingham bunny!

I really do appreciate that the store offers me these stickers. They make quick work of some of the cards I make, and they seem to sell very well, even though they're not 100% handmade.







The store also gave me a stack of inserts for cards with embellishments like the buttons on the one above. These inserts are actually 4 1/2" X 6" and I just cut them down a bit for A2 cards. They are made of a fairly heavy cardstock, and I add a note to the customer to place them over the front of the card before inserting it into the envelope. I sure hope they use them!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

5 comments:

designbydonna said...

Sweet image. Good use of the stickers. They make easy work for creating pretty cards.

Glittered Paws said...

The baby card is adorable - bet it will go quickly. The teddy bear on the cloud is perfect. Great idea for the insert to put over the front of the card. Have a great week.

Patti J said...

Another adorable card! You are so sweet and generous to donate so much time and so many cards. The thrift shop must love to see you coming! Beautifully done, as always!

Lynette said...

So cute, Cheryl! It's cool that you get stickers from the thrift store that you can turn into cards to donate.

Lynne in NI said...

Awww that is just the cutest baby card!! Good job using your stickers, bet this one didn't hang around your store too long!