Wish List

Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Birthday wishes for a guy who fishes...


I saw this sentiment on Pinterest, and knowing that I had a fishing-themed die set, I just had to use it.

I printed four sentiments on a sheet of white cardstock first. Then I cut the cardstock into four panels that would fit onto A2 size card bases.


After adding a little color with a blending brush to the center of my panel, I adhered a die-cut rod and reel, a can of worms and a small red  bobber. Then I moved on to the inside where I added a fun pop-out.








The dangling worm on a hook was part of my die set. I drew the line in with a fine-tipped black felt pen. The fish is surprisingly easy to make. It takes just one cut into the card liner and a couple of strategic folds to create. I used a couple different sizes of die-cut hearts from patterned paper for the tail and fins. The inside sentiment was also printed with my computer.

The fish's eyes were made with a couple of small circle punches, and I stamped "Happy Birthday" on the pink piece of paper before adding it to the inside behind the fish's open mouth.

Since I made four of these to donate to the thrift store, I kept them quite simple. If I were making them for family members or friends, I would probably add some inking to make the background to look more like water. I would also add some water plants and maybe even a river/lake bottom.

Our kitchen is finally beginning to look like a kitchen again. The cabinet boxes were installed yesterday. Below is a photo of a portion of the kitchen. There are no doors on the cabinets, yet, and, of course, no appliances, but it will all come together before we know it!


Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

5 comments:

Patti J said...

Your card is adorable! The surprise on the inside is just plain fun! I’ve made those for the grandkids, and they loved them. Thanks for sharing your kitchen photos - it won’t be long now!

Lynette said...

What an awesome card, Cheryl!! I really love the fish, and the outside is amazing, too. I'm so happy that your kitchen is coming together. I know you will love it - so fun! Well, not the process, though.

designbydonna said...

This is a fun card for any fisherman. And what a fun surprise when you open the card. Love that little worm hanging in side. This will be a fast seller at the thrift store.

Lynne in NI said...

What a fab fun card Cheryl, LOVE your little fishie!
Kitchen's looking fab, you're on the home straight now!

Glittered Paws said...

This would make an excellent hubby card. what a great die set to have as well. Hubby got to salmon fishing in Pugent Sound while we were in WA. We had fresh Coho salmon for dinner that night. Had been on his bucket list for a long time.