Wish List

Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Thank you cards ...

 I needed some thank you cards for my stash and also some to donate, so I made a few of these.

I don't remember where I saw this layout (probably on Pinterest), but I liked it and it was a good way to use up some busily-patterned DSP. 


I picked out three colors in the DSP and die-cut a bunch of skeleton-style leaves.

After running a line of double-sided tape along the top of my card base, I adhered leaves randomly until I had filled the width of the card. Then I adhered my DSP and white punched border that had been stamped with "Thank You."


This card was made using the same process as the first card.


This time I picked the three palest colrs in the DSP for my leaves.











On the inside of each card I stamped a sentiment and added a couple of leaves as an embellishment.

I liked this layout and I'm trying to think of other small die-cuts I could adhere to the top in place of the leaves. Stars or hearts come to mind. Do you have any other suggestions?

I think this layout could definitely be used for other occasions, too. It could even be used for Christmas cards with different colors of jingle bells, for example, across the top. In fact, I may have to give that a try. 

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl


8 comments:

Glittered Paws said...

Oh love his layout - and I have the die you used for the skeleton leaves. What a fun card to make - I'm thinking spring colors. Perfect thank you card. I can see your wheels turning for Christmas ideas - bells, ornaments, candy canes. Thanks for the inspiration.

designbydonna said...

I love these. That is a great versatile layout. I hope you had more than one leaf die or that would take forever. I am saving this one. Our local high school team is Stars. I will use your idea of adding stars for some graduation cards.

Darnell said...

What a fun layout, Cheryl, and what a great way to use up our tons of pp and get mileage out of our dies! I'm definitely going to CASE this. Tiny die flowers that I don't know what to do with would work great. And I like it for Christmas, too. Pine cones? It would be fun just going through my craft room and finding things!

Who makes that leaf die? I am noticing how the paper is a bit heavier and yet you got really clean cuts. That's not easy with little intricate dies. I don't need another leaf die, but I'd love to know the manufacturer. Thanks! Hugs, Darnell

JD/ Jill said...

Very nicely done carda!

Lynette said...

What fun cards, and a great idea! I'll have to try to remember this one. Thanks for the picture of the snow. :-) Glad Mickey enjoyed it.

Lisa said...

Love, love, love the leaves, love the layout, love the paper and colors.

Lynne in NI said...

These are so cool Cheryl, definitely adding them to my case list ;)

Christine said...

I like this design very much. Great for using up scraps.