Wish List

Tuesday, February 7, 2023

Commissioned Valentines...

One of the thrift store customers who has purchased some of my cards there asked me to make three special Valentines for her family members. She also gave me personal messages to add to the inside. I won't share those, as they are quite personal, but I'm happy to share the card fronts.

This card was made for her daughter. It's a little hard to tell, but the mailbox is cut from some silver metallic cardstock that is a kraft color on the other side. I cut the post from the backside of the silver, which worked perfectly.


The word "love," made from self-adhesive gems, is from a sheet of gem stickers that all spell love. Sometimes it's hard to think of ways to use stickers like this, but Valentines are one of the perfect opportunities.









This Valentine was made for the customer's son. Both children are young adults, but I thought the X-O DSP and the tic-tac-toe game still worked for a masculine card. 


The little hearts and the sentiment were cut from some red foil. It has a nice, reflective shine without being sparkly.









This Valentine was made for the customer's husband.


Once again, I used some red foil for this heart die-cut. I backed it with the same color of cardstock that was embossed for the card front. The heart was then popped up on some foam squares.

I also used the same silver cardstock for the arrows that I had used for the mailbox on the first card.

I didn't put a sentiment of any sort on the front. I felt her sentiment on the inside said exactly what she wanted to say, and nothing more was needed.

I am sometimes stymied when trying to come up with new card ideas for people I don't know, but these actually came together pretty quickly. 


My DH has had to leave town for the rest of the week, so I am in charge of Mickey, our new furry family member. DH started walking him at least twice a day, so I guess I'll have to keep that up. Looks like I'll be getting my exercise, too!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

7 comments:

Lynette said...

Those are really great and very special cards that you made for the customer - cool! I'm sure she will be very pleased with them. Enjoy Mickey all to yourself.

designbydonna said...

Cheryl, I love these. That is perfect paper behind the Xs an Os game. I made one of those this year too. The mail box is a great idea for sending love. And that heart die cut--gorgeous. I do like the combination of the blues and reds.

Donna Ellis said...

What sweet cards, Cheryl! Loving the first card with the raining hearts and dots, and the tiniest of details in the mail box, including the dimension! Darling!
Crafting Smiles,
Donna
{Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

Glittered Paws said...

What a great job - I'm sure the customer was super pleased. I especially like the TicTacToe card - the hearts are perfect. Love the mail box cut out of silver.
Enjoy your walks with Mickey - I am sure he will love it - probably not like you but dogs love their walks. New smells, new places to explore, new places to "pee". Have fun with him.

Patti J said...

Great cards! I’m sure your customer was thrilled with them! You’ll have fun walking with that handsome boy - he will probably be walking you! Looks like he is full of energy! Thanks for sharing! Smiling a lot…

Lynne in NI said...

Im sure your customer was well pleased with her cards! I really struggle with Valentine's cards, I should have popped over here for some inspiration first!!

JD/ Jill said...

These are all very nicely done cards. I especially like the mail box one. You are reminding me that wanted to make a card using my mailbox die!