Wish List

Tuesday, February 14, 2023

A few Valentines...

 

I made several Valentines like these for some of my grandchildren. The mug is popped up on foam tape to allow for some space behind it (you'll see why, if you keep reading).

The heart on each mug came from an assortment of 100 self-adhesive felt hearts in pink, red and white that I got at the Dollar Tree.


The sentiment was computer-generated and was also popped up on foam tape.

The sad ending to making these particular Valentines is that I have lost the mug die. It must be somewhere in my crafting area, but I don't know where. I have looked and looked and just can't seem to find it.







On the backside of the card front, I cut some gate-fold doors. Inside these doors is the extra space from popping up the mug which allows just enough room to place a folded $5 bill inside. Once I had inserted the money, I closed the doors with a heart sticker like the one on the mug.







I wrote a short verse to explain that they need to look behind those little doors.

These were fun to make. Now if I can just find that darn mug die!!









This was another Valentine for the Grands featuring a gnome holding one of those felt hearts. I also used a thin die-cut frame. I recently purchased a die that cuts an entire panel of such frames in graduated sizes up to an A2 size. They really come in handy when making cards!


This gnome die set did not have any "hands" to hold the heart, so I just cut two more noses and used them as hands.









Another computer-generated sentiment for the inside.









And this is the card I made for my husband.


Both the circle and the sentiment were popped up with foam tape. My "rope" was held in place with a little double-sided tape.







I added a bit of a lovey-dovey sentiment to the inside. I think he'll like it. he he

We are bracing for rain today which will turn into snow tonight. That always makes for dangerous roads, so I'm glad I just get to stay home and craft!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl


7 comments:

designbydonna said...

Great selection of Valentines. Those steaming mugs of cocoa are so cute. I hope you find that die, What a fun surprise to open the card and find some money. And that gnome is adorable. Who knew, noses work as hand too. Good idea. need to give yourself more credit for masculine cards. This is perfect. I'm sure your DH will love it.

Patti J said...

Cheryl, these are so fun! Love your hidden slot on the back, pure genius! I have such talented friends! Glad your card arrived, give sweet Mickey a big hug from his Missouri fan!

Glittered Paws said...

Love the Valentines - especially the gnome one - I have a collection of gnome stamps - guess I need to se them. Love the door with the $$ inside - great idea for grandkids. Hope you find your mug. I have lost an anchor die - it will show up sometime (I hope).

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

These cards are absolutely brilliant and so creative. Especially the hug in a mug with the special gift holder! Lucky grandchildren. I hope you all enjoyed your day Michelle x

Lynette said...

Such great valentines, Cheryl! I love them all. Very clever way to add the money to those.

JD/ Jill said...

Great Valentine cards!

Lisa said...

That is a very clever way to tuck money in a card. I am sure the grandkids loved the wonderful valentine cards. Super mug die cut too.

I am sure hubby loved his valentine card too. Perfect masculine card for hubby.