Wish List

Friday, February 17, 2023

Balloons are not just for birthdays...

 After my cardmaking friend Shirley (Glittered Paws) sent me a card kit to make a balloon card (featured in this post), I was inspired to seek out my own similar die. It arrived not long ago, and here are a few cards I made with it:

For this card I first cut a card base from some plaid lavendar cardstock to which I added my white die-cut frame with white balloons attached. Then I added some balloons cut from different colors of cardstock (great use for those scraps!), popping up a couple of them. I glued a little piece of white CS behind the die-cut "glare" of each balloon.


The sentiment was one that I had in my card parts. I have popped it up on foam tape.






On the inside I added a couple of die-cut balloons (the die set comes with extra dies for single balloons), along with a stamped sentiment. Here, I simply drew the strings with a black fine-point pen.





I tried the same process again, this time using a black card base. Once again, I cut individual balloons from colored CS and popped up a couple of them. The sentiment was in my card parts and has been popped up on foam tape.

Finally, I tried using the die-cut balloon frame on a larger aqua card base (from my stash). After centering it on my card base, I again cut individual balloons - this time from glitter cardstock. 


As you can see, I created a sentiment with my computer that says "Sending you some get well balloons." 

Three of my glittery balloons were popped up this time.






























I added the largest balloon to my somputer-generated sentiment on the inside.

A fun use for this balloon die set, don't you think? I'm going to make a few more of these to donate to the thrift store. Get well cards seem to sell very quickly.


Mickey continues to light up our days with his antics. He has such a sweet disposition, rarely barking and we've yet to hear him growl. He LOVES meeting other dogs and their masters on his daily walks. He wants to play with all of them, even when they aren't "feeling the love." He is definitely going to be a fun companion in the years ahead.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl



7 comments:

designbydonna said...

Your cards are so cheery.. Balloons are always fun. Love the bright colors.

Lynette said...

Oooh, I love all the balloons! And what a great sentiment for that last one. :-)

JD/ Jill said...

Very nicely done cards!

Lisa said...

Great balloon die cuts that are perfect to make birthday cards or celebration cards for anyone.

Glittered Paws said...

Oh loving your new balloons die - and love what you did with them. I think the get well one is my favorite. Aren't they quick and easy? You can out out a few extras and when you need that "just something else" you will have them already to go.
Mickey is soooo handsome and love his smile. You both hit the jackpot with him.

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Cheryl, I'm so sorry that I haven't been getting the daily notifications of your posts. I'm going to sign up again. I sure love all of these balloons. Balloons are great for anyone!

Patti J said...

Your balloon dies made some awesome cards! Love the glitter ones! Great job, as always! Thanks for sharing the pic of Mickey, too - he looks like the perfect gentleman! Looks like he's smiling, and perhaps plotting! Hugs!