Wish List

Friday, February 10, 2023

"Amazing" cards...

 

I purchased this "Amazing" die not long ago and decided to make a couple of cards with it to donate to the thrift store. I thought that both of these could actually be masculine cards, even though there's a bit of a frilly edge around my rectangle.

I found a sentiment in my stamps that started with the words "You are." I inked up just the "You are" by putting some washi tape over the rest of it while I applied the ink and then taking the tape off before I stamped. Then I die-cut the two words and popped them up on foam tape.

I used the same process for  the stamped portion of the sentiment on this card, too. 

The enamel dots were added with a bit of liquid glue, even though they are self-adhesive. I have found that they don't stick as firmly as I'd like them to, so now I always add a drop of glue to hold them in place.


On this card, the word "Amazing" was cut from some metallic blue cardstock. 

You may have noticed that I cut the little extra flourishes off the die-cut on the first card, but left them on for this card. Do you see them?

I stamped a fitting sentiment on the inside of each card to finish them.

I like having a few dies on hand like this "Amazing" die, because they give me the ability to make a card very quickly if I need to. I plan to think of a few more sentiments to work with it, like "You're thoughtfulness is Amazing," "To my Amazing friend," "To an Amazing couple," etc.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

6 comments:

designbydonna said...

Your cards are amazing. Love the patterns you have used. There are a lot of occasions you can use that die. Even on a valentine for your husband.

Glittered Paws said...

Love this die - and I especially like it in the gloss cardstock. These will see quickly at the thrift store. They are so lucky to have you.

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

What wonderful cards to make and donate, very motivating and inspiring and anyone would love to receive one. Michelle x

Patti J said...

Very nice! You always have the most ‘amazing’ dies! Our thrift store is so lucky to have you! Hugs…

Lynne in NI said...

Ooohh what a very fancy die! These are fab and they'd definitely be perfect for blokes too, including the frilly edge!

JD/ Jill said...

All nicely done cards!