Wish List

Tuesday, February 21, 2023

Crazy Cricut robots...

During one of my volunteer shifts at the thrift store, I was tasked with checking out a Cricut machine to make sure it worked well before we put it on the shelves to sell. Since I have had a Cricut for many years, I was familiar with how it worked. I brought it home and used one of my cartridges (Robotz) to cut out a couple of robots. I didn't want it to be a wasted effort, so I made a couple of cards with them.

After assembling the robot's various pieces, I added some googly eyes, silver Viva Decor drops and a balloon that was popped up with foam tape.


The main part of the robot was cut with silver metallic cardstock. I used a few scraps for the rest of it.






This is the second robot that I cut out. They really are fun to put together, but all those hands and arms can get a little confusing!


I again added googly eyes and some embellishments with a silver Viva Decor pen.

I think there are some young boys or girls out there who would enjoy receiving these cards. They were both donated to the thrift store and sold quickly.






On the inside of each card was a stamped sentiment.

Making these robots made me wish I had a bigger crafting space so I could have my Cricut out on a counter, ready to use at any time. But since my space is very small, it's just not possible.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

6 comments:

designbydonna said...

These are so cute. I know they will make someone happy.

JD/ Jill said...

Your cards are adorable! So nice and cheery!
I know what you mean about space...
I wish I could find space to set up my sewing machine...

Glittered Paws said...

Lovin the robots - and no surprise that they sold quickly. I have a big craft room but seems like I always need more. Hmmm do you think I need to "repurpose some things?
Stay in out of the weather - you guys are getting a LOT of snow. Stay safe.

Lynette said...

So cute! How nice of someone to donate the Cricut. I'm glad it worked! And I'm not at all surprised that the cards sold so quickly.

Patti J said...

Totally cute, my friend! Gosh, that thrift store is SO lucky to have you! I wouldn't have known a thing about that machine! I've had a Silhouette for 10 or 12 years, and have ONLY cut letters for bulletin boards! Lol...silly me. Now it's boxed up in a closet, so not even cutting letters! Thanks for sharing :)

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Fantastic robot cards! and perfect children's cards too. These certainly won't last long in the shop. I have never used a Circut machine but heard they are really good, certainly make card making a lot easier I would say Michelle x