Wish List

Friday, February 24, 2023

We always need a few birthday cards...


 This birthday card was so simple to make that I should have made about three more of them at the time. 

I had the "birthday" banner in my card parts, as well as the "happy" sentiment. All I had to do was die-cut a few gift packages from glitter cardstock and adhere them. The dots holding up my birthday banner are some sparkly ones from Dollar Tree. I wish they made them in more colors than the basic rainbow because I really like them. They are a little flatter than an enamel dot, so they don't add "bumps" that require extra postage.


The striped DSP in the background also has some glitter in the whitest stripes that you see in the design, so it's a very sparkly card.

I popped the middle and largest package up on foam squares and added a Nuvo Drop to the center of each bow.




A stamped sentiment was added to the inside. I really like this fun sentiment, especially for children's cards.






This card also uses up a card part. I've had the music-embossed background for ages, and I'm so glad I finally used it.  This card would work well for any music lover.


Both the black music staff and sentiment are die-cuts that have been glued onto the embossed background.









After stamping the sentiment on the inside, I added a few die-cut notes to finish it off.

Both of these cards were donated to the thrift store. I ended up making 17 cards for the store this week.









Well, our snowstorm is over and we ended up with about 13 more inches of the white stuff. The hubs and I spent part of yesterday afternoon out shoveling and snowblowing the walks and driveway. Thank goodness that job is done--for now.

Mickey loved all the new snow, so here's a little pic of him and my hubs standing out on our front walk.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl


8 comments:

designbydonna said...

Great Birthday cards. I love all that sparkle on the first one. This would be great for anyone. Really love the music theme. I have that E/F but never use it. Thanks for the inspiration, I just may pull it out today.

Glittered Paws said...

Very nice "extra" birthday cards - I love the one with the packages. I think I have a package die - you have given me some inspiration, as all I could think of was Christmas packages.
A LITTLE snow - I think that is a lot of snow - and COLD there as well. Mickey looks like he is lovin being out in it - "Dad" well not so much.

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

I do love your cards and your sentiments are very unique too. I really do think you should give mixed media a go too, you have such a great eye for detail and there really are no rules. Wow 13 inches of snow too!, have a great weekend Michelle x

Lisa said...

Love the glittery paper in the first card. Nicely done making a couple of birthday cards that could be given to anyone. Cute picture of your hubs and Mickey.

JD/ Jill said...

Both of your birthday cards are so very nicely done...I'm sure that who ever receives them will love them
I needed a birthday card last week...Didn't have time to make one. I went to my stash of cards and found just two cards. I was grateful that one of them worked for me. I realize that I need to sit down and make some more birthday cards.

I couldn't figure out why I do have so many, Anniversary, thinking of you, etc on hand...then I realized that Birthday cards are the ones that I send the most. I guess my stock gets depleted the most and I forget to make more.

Snow! Yikes that's a lot! So far, Our winter had has the least amount of snow that I ever remember...I realize that could change. I remember some bad snow storms in March and April! I won't pack away my boots, etc. Just yet!

Patti J said...

Well, girl! Your cards are perfect, as always, the first one is such a happy creation - so colorful, and the second is just a great card! However, the show stopper/stealer I’d sweet Mickey! I’m so glad you and hubby have given him such a good home! Hugs and smiles to you, my friend!

Lynette said...

Using up card parts - way to go! Great results. I see that I left a comment about the snow on the wrong post. Oops! LOL!

Lynne in NI said...

Wow, that is some going to make 17 cards in a week, I'm sure they love to see them coming!!
Great photo of your hubby and wee Mickey! You'll be glad to see the back of your snow! We've been enjoying some lovely spring weather here though we're expecting a cold snap these next few days, hopefully it doesn't kill off all the new buds!