Wish List

Friday, March 3, 2023

A little wine makes everything better...

 

I haven't used this stamp set in a long time, so it needed to see some ink. This card layout also gave me a chance to use my wine glass die. I cut it from vellum and then colored the wine on the backside with an alcohol marker.

The sentiment panel was popped up on foam tape. I also had to put a teeny, tiny, skinny piece of foam tape underneath the wine glass stem. I even managed to place it so that it doesn't show. Whew!

The stamp set allows you to stamp different words into the space where I've stamped "wine." Some of the other word options are hug, coffee and chocolate.

Each card got a few sequins for some bling.

I added a computer-generated sentiment to the inside, turning these into birthday cards.

These were both donated to the thrift store and they've already sold, so I guess someone thought they were just the right birthday greeting. 

Our granddaughter, who lives in New York City, is in town with her boyfriend, and they popped over for a visit tonight. It was so much fun to see her and meet her boyfriend for the first time. He's as wonderful as she is, so I've decided he's a "keeper." I think maybe our granddaughter has decided that, too. Ahhh, young love!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

4 comments:

designbydonna said...

These are really cute. Perfect for a wine connoisseur (and yes, I had to look up the spelling of that). I agree with that sentiment and if it weren't 9 oclock in the morning, I could go check that out.

Glittered Paws said...

How true - although I like white - hard to color white wine so red is good. I can see why these sold quickly and love the inside sentiment.
Glad you like the "boyfriend" and I'm sure she values your opinion.

Lynne in NI said...

Lol I have a few friends these would be perfect for ... Personally I never did get the taste for wine, a wee chilled beer now and then is my limit 😊

JD/ Jill said...

Really cute card. I like wine...but unfortunately it doesn't like me!