Wish List

Friday, March 10, 2023

Two Get Well cards...


This card is super simple. I used a corner edge die to create the scalloped, v-shaped edge on my white panel.  I then ran it through my Big Shot, using a pierced design background die. and adhered it to my card front after I had covered the front with some purple plaid DSP. 

Finally, I adhered the die-cut sentiment and a few sequins.


I stamped the inside of my card with two different sentiments. I didn't like how far apart I had stamped them, so I added three sequins to fill the space between them.








I used another pierced background die on the white panel for this card.


The sentiment was in my card parts and I simply backed it with some spring green cardstock.

I cut the leafy cluster from the same cardstock and added it above the sentiment. I was going to leave it at that, but then I decided I needed a little more color. Of course, I went for purple. I die-cut a flower, sponged the centers of each layer and also added a little shading on the edges of the petals. 

The flower center is a tiny brad. How long has it been since you used a brad on a card?



A simple, stamped sentiment on the inside finished my card.

Are you ready to lose an hour of sleep this coming weekend when we switch to Daylight Savings Time? I really don't mind it, because it means the sun sets later in the day. I like having more daylight in which to run errands, do yard work or go out for dinner. In fact, I'm especially looking forward to going out to dinner at some of the restaurants that have outdoor seating--once it warms up and the snow melts!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

7 comments:

designbydonna said...

I really like the pierced die cut background. I goes well with the scalloped border. And that flower was the perfect addition to that second card.

Lynette said...

I love the backgrounds on each of these, and the purple flower is beautiful!

JD/ Jill said...

Both your cards are so pretty!

Lisa said...

Two wonderful cards. I love the subtle die cut plates on both cards. The layered flowers is beautifully executed.

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Your get well soon cards are soooo pretty and I love that delicate little purple flower. I remember looking at your snow pictures and thinking wow!.... not expecting that we would get a snow flurry in the UK! Michelle xx

Glittered Paws said...

Two very nice get well cards, something I just usually don't make - but should. I usually send a thinking of you especially to my chemo buddies. Love the pierced background - I think I may have one of those somewhere.
Oh to sit outside and do anything sounds wonderful. I enjoy sitting outside on the front porch and read. Have a comfy rocker and it is fenced in so dog is controlled.

Patti J said...

Beautifully done, as always! Love each one of these - you make such lovely creations! Thanks for sharing!