Wish List

Tuesday, March 21, 2023

A couple of big HAPPYs and some candles...

 

I finally got a die-set that cuts a HAPPY-shaped card. I've used it here for making birthday cards, but it can be used for so many other occasions. In fact, I'm looking forward to using it for "Happy Graduation" cards this spring. I'll be adding a little mortarboard to those instead of a birthday hat.


I love being able to add a little something extra like the birthday hat, which was die-cut using an ancient Provocraft die. The wird "birthday" was stamped, cut out and then popped up on foam tape. To keep the tape from being sticky on the backside whee it shows through, I doused it with some talcum powder.




I used the shadow die to make a panel for the inside, too. There's plenty of space for a sentiment and to sign a name.








This is a HORRIBLE photo, but I think you can still get the idea. I used the dies to make a more feminine card. You can see that I've cut the letters from glitter cardstock, and I've added only a little bow for decoration. I'll be using this die set a lot, so I'll get better photos of future cards.

Now for some candles...

This computer-generated sentiment had been sitting in my card parts for a very long time, so I had to make a card with it. I matted the sentiment and popped it up on foam tape. 


Then I grabbed a white oval (also in my card parts) and started die-cutting and adding my candles. I chose colors that were in my background DSP. 

Three of the candles have been popped up on narrow pieces of foam tape.






I even had a little candle stamp, which I used to stamp three candles on the inside. 

All these cards were really fun to make. They've all been donated and sold, so I'll have to make some more.

Right now, I'm using the "HAPPY" die set to make some Happy Easter cards for my teenaged grandsons. I'll be sharing those with you soon.

The hubs and I are doing great, given our recent bout of COVID. We're nearly done with the Paxlovid and feeling very much back to normal. We'll test in another couple of days to make sure we're now negative for the virus.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

6 comments:

designbydonna said...

I am in love with that happy shaped card. Yours are so festive. I can see that you will use it a lot. I think the kids would like this too. And the second card is a riot. I really like humorous birthday cards. Who makes the die set?

Lynne in NI said...

Fab happy cards Cheryl, LOVE that die! Bet they sold within minutes!
So glad to hear you're both on the mend, you'll be glad to get out and about again xx

Lynette said...

Awesome cards, Cheryl! What a great die - I love it. The candle card is fun, too.

JD/ Jill said...

Fabulous Birthday cards! Very nicely done!

Glittered Paws said...

LOVE the Happy Die - what an awesome die to have in your collection. I think I might have to look for this. It is a very versatile die - and you are going to get a lot of mileage from this. Love the birthday with the cute little hat. Can't wait to see the Happy Easter. Glad you and mister are feeling better. I can finally say we are too - cough is almost gone as well as the runny nose. I'm not one who tolerates "sick" well.

Lisa said...

Really love that happy die cut. It can make so many cards. The die cut candles are wonderful too. Some wonderful cards you created.