Wish List

Friday, March 31, 2023

Slimline cards for Easter...

 

I had a stamped, colored and die-cut crocus in my card parts, as well as  a single iris left over from those I had used on the cards in my last post.  I decided to feature them on a couple of slimline cards. I like making this card size occasionally, just to keep my cardmaking interesting.

I believe I had stamped the crocus with a very light, neutral ink so that I could try my hand at no-line coloring. 

The strip sentiments were some that I printed out last year and kept with my Easter supplies. They are both popped up on foam tape.


think  I used alcohol markers and colored pencils to color the crocus, but I'm not 100% sure. Whatever I used, I like how it turned out. I need to try to duplicate it!






I still need some practice on coloring these irises. I think I'll look for a photo online, print it out and keep it with my die set so that I have something to guide me.


I just love using the pierced designs to jazz up my backgrounds. This one is sized for slimline cards and is really handy to have, because it can be used for smaller cards, too.

The white butterflies were from a pack of them that was purchased at the Dollar Tree. I have finally used them all up on my Easter cards.


This is how my sentiment looks on the inside of each card. I used another strip sentiment, glued directly to the CS, but I also added some stamped splatters for a little color in the background.

We have yet to reach 50 degrees here in Minneapolis, and I am so tired of cold weather! I am still wearing my wool coat when I take Mickey out for a walk. He sure doesn't mind it, though. In fact, he loves the cold and will stay outside for hours. I wonder if he'll change his mind when summer temps reach the 90s.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl


7 comments:

designbydonna said...

So prety! Love the background pattern. The purple scalloped piece really anchors the flowers. The splatters on the inside add a lot of interest. Keeping a picture with the stamp set is a great idea. I print them out to use and then end up tossing them when I'm done and have to look them up again to use the next time.

Lisa said...

Gorgeous CAS slimline cards. Great flowers and super die cut plate too.

Glittered Paws said...

Love the slimline card - I like them but just like you seldom make them. Very nice spring/Easter card- and what great coloring on the iris.
We have had some warm days - one day up to 68. But still very unpredictable. Today very very windy. Mother Nature loves to play tricks on us.

Patti J said...

Cheryl, this is SO pretty! Love the colors, and that each card is same but different. Thanks for sharing! I am hanging my head - it's been a while since I've been here, so I'll just say that I'm sorry :( I have checked your blog each day, but was away from home with 3 grandkids. Just had no 'me' time to comment! We will be going to CA soon to see the other grand, but after that, I should be my normal stalking self! Great cards all of March, my friend!!! Thanks for inspiring, and sometimes enabling! Hugs...

Lynette said...

Two more great Easter cards, Cheryl! I love the pierced background on them both. Great coloring, too, however you did it! LOL! Yeah, I agree - I'm tired of the cold, cold weather!

JD/ Jill said...

So pretty! Very nice coloring! I like your background! I have yet to try a slimline card. I do like the look of then!

Lynne in NI said...

Oh these are lovely Cheryl! Your no-line colouring looks fab, when I gave it a go mine ended up in the bin!
Hope Spring comes to you soon, a few days snow is enough for me, I don't know how you cope!!!