Wish List

Friday, March 24, 2023

Some Easter cards at last...

 I mentioned in my last post that I was making some Easter cards for my five grandsons with the "Happy" shaped card die set that I had. Here's one of them:

They're pretty plain, with just a bunny peeking out of the center of the "a," but I think they wouldn't want a lot of frippery on them.


I created the bunny by cutting the center hole of the "a" out of white cardstock and stamping it with a tiny animal face (Peachy Keen stamps).  Then I cut the ears from a die set of different holiday headbands for gnomes. They were the perfect size! I just added a tiny bit of color and gray shading with a couple of alcohol markers.








Here's a peek at the inside of the card. The sentiment is from a set of Easter stamps that I've had for a while.









This is the card laying on top of an A2 envelope. You can see that it fits perfectly.






This is another Easter card that I made using an A2 size lattice die tht is great for using over wild, flowery cardstock patterns. The flower on this one was fussy-cut from a leftover piece of the cardstock and the leaves were die-cut from some green cardstock

And another card that was created the same way.


This time the flowers in the patterned cardstock were either too big or too small to fussy-cut and use on the front. I happened to have this old Spellbinder's flower die, though, and it matched the coral flowers in the design really well. I did fussy-cut the leaves from the left-over scraps instead of die-cutting them.

The center diamond shape has been popped up on foam tape.

I didn't add any gems or other embellishments to this card. I thought it had enough going on already!





The inside of each card was stamped with an Easter sentiment.

These were fun and fast to make. I made four of them in about an hour.

Poor little Mickey has Kennel Cough. It's a highly contagious respiratory infection that is passed from dog to dog. We think he probably picked it up at the dog park. My hubs has been taking him there because he loves to run and play with the other dogs. It's painful to listen to him cough, but we just have to let it run its course.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl


4 comments:

designbydonna said...

Love that Happy Easter. Just the right look for boys. I have trouble with Easter cards for my 2 teenage gandsons. That lattice die cut is the perfect way to tone down busy patterned and let your sentiment stand out..

Lisa said...

Great paper on your Happy Easter card. What a terrific die cut. Love the papers on the two other Easter cards too. Very beautiful and happy colors on them.

Lynette said...

Awesome Easter cards, Cheryl! I really like that HAPPY die, and the lattice die is wonderful. Such pretty papers, too. Sorry about poor little Mickey. I hope he gets better soon.

Glittered Paws said...

What great Easter cards for grandsons. I LOVE the HAPPY die - who makes it??? So many uses for this die. The lattice die background on the other two cards is beautiful. Now that die I have!!!
Hope Mickey gets better soon. You might think about the bordella vaccine - not an injection but nasal. It is specifically for kennel cough. If you are going to board him at a kennel it is a must. Get Well Mickey.