Wish List

Tuesday, March 14, 2023

Two cards for Tuesday...

 Sometimes a pretty paper is just too darn pretty to cover up with embellishments and sentiment panels. That's how I felt about the gorgeous cardstock used on this card:

I loved the rich colors of the dahlias on this paper. The birthday sentiment and the gold metallic butterfly were in my stash. I backed the sentiment with the same kraft cardstock that was used for my cardbase. 


As you can see, I've added a few gold sequins for some sparkle.










I added a stamped sentiment on the inside, and that finished my card.

But I still had a good-sized piece of this pretty paper left, so I made another card.









I used the same approach for this card, adding a die-cut sentiment and a few red gems.


I opted not to add a butterfly to this card, but in looking at these photos, I think maybe I should have.

These cards were both donated to the thrift store and they sold pretty quickly, so I think someone thought they were ok.






The inside featured a stamped sentiment. 

I have found it difficult to find anniversary sentiment stamps. I have a couple of them, but it would be nice to have more variety. Of course, I can always print sentiments on my computer, but I really like being able to just stamp a sentiment on the inside of my cards. If you have any ideas of companies with great anniversary sentiments, please let me know.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

7 comments:

designbydonna said...

These are beautiful. I agree, with pretty paper you don't want to cover up th design with large labels and sentiments. I do like that gold butterfly.

Lynette said...

Beautiful cards made with beautiful paper! The thrift store is so lucky to have you! I'm not surprised that they sold so quickly. Sorry - I have no ideas of where to find anniversary sentiment stamps.

Patti J said...

Very pretty! I can’t resist pretty paper, and own way too much of it! I sure need to purge! Hugs, and thanks for sharing!

Glittered Paws said...

What beautiful paper and you are right all it needs is a sentiment and a bit of bling. I'm not surprised these sold quickly at the thrift store.

Lisa said...

That is gorgeous paper and the butterfly is a fantastic touch to it too.

Lynne in NI said...

Ooooh that cardstock is absolutely gorgeous Cheryl, the little butterfly was a perfect embellishment x

JD/ Jill said...

These are both so pretty And I agree with you...there are a lot of background papers that are just too pretty to cover up!