Wish List

Friday, March 17, 2023

Happy St. Patrick's Day...

 I only made one St. Patrick's Day card this year and this is it.

This was sort of an experiment. I used my smallest four-leaf clover die and cut clovers out of several different green cardstocks and DSPs. I would have liked a smaller clover die (and I could have cut some with my Silhouette), but I was in a hurry and used what I had on hand. I also used a border die to create a border with a fancy edge.


I tried placing my clovers behind my border, but then you couldn't really tell what they were.

After I had most of them in place, I adhered a final clover in the center, popping it up on foam tape and giving it a bit of shine with some Wink of Stella.

By the way, if you find your Wink of Stella pens going dry, open it up, add a few drops of rubbing alcohol to the barrel, give it a good shake, and you'll get more mileage out of it.


The inside sentiment, along with the shamrock, was computer generated.

Will you be celebrating St. Paddy's Day? We definitely will not. My husband and I are suffering from what we thought were bad colds, but when we did a COVID test, it turned out positive! We are now quarantining in our house with no visitors allowed. We are starting Paxlovid today, so hopefully that will speed up our recovery. We are so very thankful that we have had all the shots and boosters.

We have no idea where we picked it up. We were in church last Sunday and visited with people there; we also went to two movies last weekend (the first movies we have gone to in 3 years!). We think the most likely place was the movies, so if and when we go again, we'll definitely be wearing our N-95 masks. 

We'll be staying home for the next 5 days and then wearing masks for five days after that.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl


6 comments:

designbydonna said...

Cute card. I love all the differnt greens and patterns. I don't think I have ever made a St. Patrick's Day card. So sorry you have COVID. Take care and gets lots of rest. I always wear a mask when in a crowd of people I don't know. So far I hare been lucky.

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

I love your St Patrick's Days card, beautifully designedand your shamrocks look amazing! Great tip about the pens too. Im so sorry to ready that you and your husband have covid,I hope that you will both be on the road to a quick recovery soon. Take lots of care! Michelle xx

Lisa said...

Super St Patrick's Day card. Great layout and I love the shimmer on the top shamrock.

Lynne in NI said...

Oh no, hope you both are doing ok and are feeling better soon X
You made one more St Patrick's Day cards than I did ;) Love all your shamrocks and great mix of all your greens!

JD/ Jill said...

Happy "Late" St pat's day! So sorry to hear that you both got sick...Hopefully you are both feeling better!

Lynette said...

Bummer about getting COVID! That stinks. There seems to be more and more of it going around again. I hope you are doing much better now. Your card is great! I love the clovers. Thanks for the tip about the Wink of Stella. It's too late for me, though. I think I've gone through two of them, but they have been tossed.