Wish List

Friday, December 30, 2022

More pretty sticker fun...

 

As some of you may remember, purple is my favorite color. I love any shade of it, from a pastel lilac to a very deep purple. When I saw these hydrangea stickers in the Dollar Tree, I had to buy them. I knew they would come in handy for making cards to donate to the thrift store. And I would LOVE making some purple cards!


Here's a look at the entire set. Aren't they pretty? I love that they include a few single blossoms, too.










The detail on them is wonderful, and they definitely speed up the cardmaking process.

Here you can see that I've added a few scored lines at the bottom of my focal panel and added a couple of sparkly enamel dots for added interest.




A close-up of one of the stickers shows how they are multi-layered. Love that!

If you really wanted to spice it up, you could add a tiny bit of glitter to the center of each blossom. 








On the inside, I added a stamped sentiment and one of the smaller stickers from the set. It really finished off the card nicely.

Well, I mentioned in my last post (which was written in advance and scheduled to post on Dec. 27) that we would be returning from a Christmas trip to Oregon and Washington. Sadly, we never made it any further than Chicago O'Hare Airport.

As we landed in Chicago, eager to make our connecting flight, I got a text message that our flight to Portland had been canceled. We waited in line at the airport for 5 1/2 hours to speak to a United Airlines agent about rebooking. When we finally had a chance to talk to him, he said he could not get us to Portland until Dec. 28 (our return flight was, or course, scheduled for the 27th). Our only other option was to go home again. 

We spent a sleepless night at O'Hare and then arrived back in Minneapolis late the next afternoon. Our luggage had been lost, even though they assured us it would follow our rebooking, and we did not get it until 4 days later.

We were so sad about missing a very special Christmas with our Northwest kids and their families. Oh, well, maybe next year...

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day. Even on those days when your airline reservations are canceled!

Cheryl

7 comments:

JD/ Jill said...

Your sticker cards are wonderful! So Pretty! I love to use stickers on cards. I think I might even have some stickers in my stash that are sort similar to yours. Must go to my craft room and see if I can find them.

designbydonna said...

These are beautiful. I love hydrangeas but never bought a stamp because of the coloring detail inolved. The sticker are perfect. I am going to run over to our Dollar Tree and see if they have some here. So sorry you did not get to see your family. At least your luggage had a nice trip :) I hope they gave you nice vouchers for a future trip.

Lynne in NI said...

Awww Cheryl, I'm so sorry to hear you didn't get to spend Christmas with your family, I'm sure you were both so sad and disappointed :(
Thank you for your beautiful card which arrived this morning - our postal service has been on strike so our mail this past month has been a bit hit and miss (mostly miss!)
And what a beautiful card you made with your pretty hydrangea stickers - you're so lucky to have a decent craft store, 99% of my purchases are all done online and it's not the same. Anyway Happy New Year to you. I hope 2023 is a good one!

Patti J said...

I’m so sorry to hear about your trip, I know how much you were looking forward to it. Maybe you can reschedule soon. Your cards are so pretty! I was just thinking that I need to get to our Dollar Tree for Valentines stuff for my senior (chemo/senior angel program) lady. I’m always able to send such a fun assortment when I shop there. Will definitely check out their stickers! Beautifully done!!!

Lynette said...

The stickers that you used are very lovely, and the cards are beautiful! Nicely done.

Lynette said...

I'm sorry - I actually missed the part about your non-visit to the northwest! What a huge bummer!!! I'm so sorry about that! Wow, that was awful. :-(

Glittered Paws said...

First - love the cards made with stickers, they turned out beautifully. I am sure they will sell quickly.
Second - so sorry about your trip - I know you were disappointed but...not much you can do when the airlines cancel, we are at their mercy. This holiday was a total disaster if you were flying anyplace.