Wish List

Friday, December 9, 2022

Wishing you joy...

 

I had some pre-made card bases that were white except for the short diagonal stripes around the outside front edge. I've had these card bases for a few years now. Every Christmas I use some of them, but I never seem to be able to use them up. I think they're multiplying behind my back!

The letters for "JOY" were made with a fun little die set that I got a short time ago. I cut the letters all out of white cardstock and then colored them with alcohol markers, except for the top of the ornament, which was colored with a silver gel pen.


Although you can't see it in either of the photos, I've also added a little sparkle with a glitter brush. The tiny silver bow was adhered with some Glossy Accents.

I popped all three letters up with some narrow foam tape.

On the inside I added a sentiment stamped in red ink.

These were so much fun to make (I made at least 10 of them), so I'm sure I'll make more of them for next Christmas and donate them to the thrift store.

All my cards have now been mailed--so glad that's done! I've been working on creating our family photo calendar and wrapping gifts. I haven't done a lick of baking yet, so that's next on the to-do list.

How about you? Are you ready for the holidays? I hope your preparations are all going smoothly and you're able to relax and enjoy the festivities.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

4 comments:

designbydonna said...

this is a cute, fun card. I like the variety in the letters. I had those card bases for several years too. Finally used them all this year. I need to get boxes in the mail. I am mailing gifts as we are flying to Houston to my daughter's house. Haven't sent any cards yet.

Lynette said...

That's a great card, Cheryl, and I really like the card bases - how nice to have them! I'm pretty much ready for Christmas. We have one more person to buy for and I need to make a couple special cards for our daughter and son to put under the tree, but that's about it. I don't bake anything!!

Glittered Paws said...

What a fun card - and you are well on your way for next year. Love that it is alphabet dies and you color them - great idea.
My cards went out today - well I hope hubby put them in the mail box !!!
Thank you for the fun snowman card.

Darnell said...

Haha, so true, Cheryl! I keep waiting for one of the bloggers who make videos to catch her craft supplies multiplying in the dark of night! This card is happy and colorful and it comes with a great verse inside ~ I love it! It had to be fun using that NBUS die in all different colors!

I've got my cards done, too, and the family photo card and calendar are also done, so now I'm baking shortbread cookies as gifts for neighbors. I really didn't think I'd manage it all, but my thumb feels lots better and that helped. I want to thank you for the very pretty gold and green Christmas card! Have a wonderful holiday and all the best in the new year! Hugs, Darnell