Wish List

Friday, December 2, 2022

Another snowman card...


I made this card with another one of those Christmas dies that I just had to have. I will admit that it made my cardmaking very quick, especially since I made at least 10 cards like this one in an afternoon.

I took a white A2 card base and cut the front only with the die. Then I used some spray adhesive to attach an aqua panel to the underside of the front. 


I think you can see in this photo how I've added a little glitter to the small circular die cuts to the left of the snowman that I thought were snow. The glitter adds a nice bit of sparkle--and Christmas cards can always use a little sparkle, right?

My sentiment was heat-embossed with the only aqua embossing powder that I had on hand. I thought it was an ok match, though.












I stamped my inside sentiment with an aqua ink that matched the panel I had glued to the front of the card.

I am so happy to announce that I have finished making my personal Christmas cards--89 of them! If I have time in the coming weeks, I will continue to make them. It would be so nice to get a head start on next year's cards. 

I don't think I'll need to make hardly any Christmas cards for the thrift store, as my friend Lynette (My Stamping Addiction) donated oodles of them. I took a big stack of them to the store today, and I know they will sell like hotcakes! Thank you, Lynette!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

3 comments:

designbydonna said...

That die is amazing. me. t a tWhen the die does all the work on the card, I see how you could produce so many aI la time. I ike the way the snowman just fades off into the background.like he is surrounded by snow. The touches of glitter are perfect. You're right Christmas cards need glitter.

Lynette said...

I love your snowman, Cheryl, and your card is great! Congrats on having your cards done. I think I made 80 for myself this year. They are ready to go out, except that our printer ran out of ink and we can't print the Christmas letters! It's coming today, though. And you are welcome for the cards. I'm glad I could help you out a bit.

Glittered Paws said...

Love this die - and love the ease of making a card when you use an all inclusive die. The ink and embossing powder matches perfectly. My cards are all made - just have to address the envelopes. Plus always make my sons Christmas cards as well. So maybe this after while mister watches the football game I will do that.