Wish List

Tuesday, December 20, 2022

Oh, those gnomes...

 

This gnome in a gift box was a new die set that I bought for some of my Christmas cards this year. He's a fun little guy to cut out and put together. Once again I cut the gnome and the ribbon (on the package) from white cardstock and colored them, where needed, with alcohol markers.

The sentiment was a stamp from a gnome stamp set I got a couple of years ago. I've popped it up on a couple of foam squares.


The gift box was cut from glitter cardstock, as you can see in this photo. I love the way the die adds some embossed stars to the packaging. In my opinion, those little details are what makes a die set special.






I added a stamped sentiment on the inside, and my card was done. Looking at it now, I wish I had die-cut a small gift out of the same glitter cardstock and added it here. I was in a hurry, though, to get my cards done and in the mail.

Speaking of cards in the mail, I had one card returned to me in pieces! The pieces had been placed in a plastic bag, and the only thing not torn apart or mangled was the return address. In fact a lot of the envelope and almost all of the Christmas letter were missing, so I have no idea to whom this card was sent! If you think you should have received a card from me, but you have not, this might be the reason. I sent out 90+ cards, and I had made more than 10 different card designs, so I'm clueless as to the recipient.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

5 comments:

Lynette said...

A cute little gnome card, for sure! I love the simple sentiment, too. Oh no - that's terrible about your card!! My wonderful card arrived safe and sound - thank you very much!

designbydonna said...

Love that gnome peeking out of the pretty gift box Great sentiment to go with your gnome. Too bad about the card that was destroyed, I am surprised the postal service even returned it to you. I received my lovely card--thank you, .

Glittered Paws said...

You had me at gnome, I love gnomes - not only at Christmas but all year. They just have a magical quality - and love the glittered box. So sad about your card - I got one from you - and it was so pretty. My son is here and Wayne's son is coming for Christmas dinner. Then the week after Christmas Wayne's daughter and SIL are coming for 4 days - coming to tell everyone good by as they are moving to Portugal the middle of January. So will be bitter sweet.

Patti J said...

This is so cute! Those gnomes just keep on being popular! Now, I’ll have to go check my cards! I think I got one from you early on, but have been to Disney for a week with family, then came home and have been sick, so can’t really remember! Gotta find some time in my happy place next week. A little shop that sells my cards needs lots of new ones. The kids birthdays always stump me! Hugs…

JD/ Jill said...

This is so adorable!


Thank you for following my blog!
Hope you have a great new year New, Too!