Wish List

Friday, December 16, 2022

Three little snowmen, all in a row...

 

This card shows another way I used some of those pre-made card bases I had featured in this post. I first added some clouds to my background with some pale blue ink and a cloud stencil. Then I adhered a snowy landscape with some glitter cardstock. Before adding my little snowmen, I stamped a sentiment at the top with red ink.

These little snowmen are mostly one-piece dies with very minimal piecing. I cut everything out of white cardstock and then used alcohol markers on the pieces or parts that required some color. All the eyes, along with the buttons and mouth on the first one, were filled in with Nuvo Drops.

Each snoman is popped up with foam squares.



On the inside I stamped another red sentiment and adhered three sparkly snowflakes that had been die-cut from the same glitter cardstock that was used for the snow on the front.






This week I've been working on baking some Christmas cookies. My husband's favorites are Date Pinwheels. They're a bit of a pain to make, but make them I must. He wouldn't think it was really Christmas if he didn't have his date cookies! I usually make 8 to 10 different kinds of cookies so that I have enough to share with family members and neighbors. We'll be taking some with us when we travel to the Pacific Northwest to my son's and daughter's homes for Christmas.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

5 comments:

designbydonna said...

I have yet to see a snowman I don't like. Yours are adorable. The cloud background is a nice touch. That glitter paper is great for snow.

JD/ Jill said...

Cute card!

Patti J said...

Oh my goodness, what beautiful cards! I just got home from a week at Disney with the grandkids, and was totally off the grid. So…today is a day of catching up! I’ve looked at all the crafty goodness you’ve shared while I was gone! Glad I don’t have to choose a fave. I love snowmen, but am smitten with those bells, as well. Thanks for sharing!

Lynette said...

Such cute little snowmen!! Great card, too. Wow, what a lot of cookies. We make nothing and still we end up with tons of goodies - way too many for us to eat. Safe travels and have a wonderful time!

Glittered Paws said...

Snowmen have a pace in my heart as well. These are so cute. I made a few cookies last week - sugar cookies - butterscotch drops and date nut balls (oh so much easier than date pinwheels.). Going to make some pecan balls this afternoon - not Christmas unless we have pecan balls.
Have a safe fun trip.