Wish List

Tuesday, December 27, 2022

Masculine Get Well Soon card...


 This was a simple get well card that I made to donate to the thrift store. There isn't much to it, really. I die-cut the cattails and adhered them to a piece of script-patterned cardstock. After stamping the sentiment with brown ink, I added the brown ribbon to ground my cattails. The ribbon has a bit of gold edging on it, and I thought that made it a more interesting embellishment. This panel was then glued to an off-white card base.


If you look closely at the picture at left, you might be able to see that I've added some brown flower soft to the cattails to give them a more realistic look. I will soon be out of brown flower soft, so I'll have to start looking for more. You don't often see it on craft sites anymore.









I used the same brown ink pad to stamp a sesntiment on the inside. I really like this sentiment, and I think it can be used on several different kinds of cards.

Now, obviously, this card would work well for a female, too, but I think it works particularly well a man. 

As you read this, we are returning from a holiday visit to the Pacific Northwest. I've written this ahead of time, so I can't tell you anything about our trip just yet.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

6 comments:

Lynette said...

A very great masculine get well card, for sure, Cheryl! And Flower Soft! I wonder when the last time was I used any Flower Soft. Very cool! I should dig mine out, if I can find it.

Patti J said...

Glad you were able to get away! Your card is perfect - I struggle with masculine ideas! Have to make some this week for the shop that carries them, and I'm idea-less! Guess I'll get out my vest die that you 'enabled' me to buy! Great card, as always!

Glittered Paws said...

What a great man card - CAS - which is one of the hardest for me to do. Glad you were able to take your trip - and hope you can et ack home without any problems. !!!

JD/ Jill said...

This makes a great masculine card. You have done it again! Smile. I can't remember the last time I used my flower soft. I need to look for that too.

designbydonna said...

This is a perfect masculine card. See, you can do it!. And it looks easy to do. I like the fluff added to the cattails. And how you put them on the lightly printed background.

Lynne in NI said...

Fab masculine card - I haven't seen flower soft used for ages. Funny how 'fashions' change when really it gives a great texture effect!! I'll have to check my stash and get it out again!