Wish List

Tuesday, January 3, 2023

Using more card parts...


The card part that I used for this card was the embossed off-white panel. I've had it for YEARS (got it from a friend), and now I've finally used it.

I had also just gotten a new corner die. It's the type of corner that has little flaps that fold and fit behind the panel. I thought these added a little color to the panel which I then adhered it to an off-white card base.

I never get tired of making this pretty flower. It's my absolute favorite flower die set. I especially love popping up the petals with tiny foam squares. You can just see one peeking out on the left hand side.

I added a little bit of shading with a finger dauber to each of the petal layers and to the leaves.

There is an enamel dot in the flower center and three pink sequins for a little sparkle.


On the inside is a simple, stamped sentiment.

I made this card for the thrift store and put it on sale there last Thursday. When I do my volunteer shift this Thursday, I'll see if it has sold.




I also wanted to share with you some of the Christmas gifts we gave to our grandchildren.

For the gift pictured at left, I purchased the little dish at the Dollar Tree and filled it with floral foam. I used two wooden barbecue skewers for the tree trunk.

I folded the bills into graduated lengths and wired them to my skewers with some gold wire I had on hand. I added a glittery die-cut star to the top and pushed the skewers firmly into the flower foam.

I used my hot glue gun to adhere some shredded paper to the top of the floral foam and then added a little sign (also on its own skewer) that says, "Whoever said money doesn't grow on trees didn't have a crafty Grandma!"

Another way we gave money to the grandkids was to put it into a small envelope, attach the envelope with a ribbon to a note that said, "In case you get crap for Christmas, use this." The envelope was stuffed into the center of a roll of toilet paper so that the first thing that was seen was the note and the toilet paper. The older boys really loved this one!

And yet another gift involved 10 blown up balloons. Each had money inside and were put into a box, which also contained a large note that said, "Pop the balloons, one by one. We guarantee you'll find some fun."

Finally, we also purchased a box of nice candies from a local chocolatier. I took out all the chocolates and put them in a separate container. Then I put folded and rolled bills in the spaces where the candy had been. I put a piece of double-sided foam tape on the bottom of each "candy" to hold it in place temporarily. On top of the box, I put a note that said, "Just a little something to sweeten your holidays." And I gave the recipients both the box with the money inside and the extra container that held all the candy! 

We had a lot of fun giving these gifts, and the grandchildren seemed to love them.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

5 comments:

designbydonna said...

Your card is so pretty. Those green lacy corners reflect the scroll work of the E/F/ Your flower looks so realistic. Your gifts are so creative. I especially like the money tree and its accompanying note.

Lynette said...

What a beautiful card! I can see why you love those flowers - they are awesome. The different ways that you gave money were all so clever and wonderful. Happy New Year!

JD/ Jill said...

Your card is really cute! I like your gift ideas...very creative!

Glittered Paws said...

Very pretty card - BUT - I love the gifties you have the grand kids. How original and creative you were/are. I bet they were a big hit. Happy New Year 2023.

Patti J said...

Wow! You are so creative! Love all of your grandkids gifties! I bet you got a lot of smiles! Well done, as always!!!