Wish List

Tuesday, January 24, 2023

Slimline cards...

I have a number of slimline dies and don't use them nearly enough. Part of the reason, I think, is that I always have to modify an envelope for them. That doesn't take much time, but it is an extra step that I don't always feel I have time for.

Here are three slimline cards I made recently:

The floral frame makes it pretty quick and easy to create a card. I cut the entire frame out of green DSP, and then I cut the individual flowers and their centers out of colored CS.


For this card, I added the sentiment on an oval die-cut. I had inked its edges with green ink and popped it up on foam squares.

I used some pink Nuvo Drops to make the dot embellishments.









This card is sporting a stamped banner. I just wish I had adhered that banner a little straighter! It is also popped up on foam tape. I would have removed it and straightened it out, but I had added some glue to the foam tape, and I was afraid it would rip the background apart if I tried to remove it. 

To make the sparkly dot embellishments on this card, I used two sizes of single-hole punches to punch some circles from gold, glittery CS. I glued these onto my card and then topped them with clear Nuvo Drops.












This one is my favorite. I like how perfectly the stamped sentiment fits inside the frame. 

I used a silver Viva Decor pen on the flower centers and to make the dot embellishments.
















The flower petals were slightly popped up with tiny foam squares.










Here's an example of how I finished the insides with a stamped ssentiment and a small embellishment.

These were all donated to the thrift store. I think customers enjoy buying cards that are not the "usual" shape and size, so they sell quickly.

Our new fur baby, Mickey, has settled in and now seems right at home. He LOVES eating. We've been putting a spoonful of cooked pumpkin on his dog food at night to solve a slight digestion problem, and he even gobbles that down!

He is learning the rules of our house very quickly, and we're so thankful for that. He is such a quiet and loving pup. We are definitely lucky to have him!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or lot--every day.

Cheryl

5 comments:

designbydonna said...

These are all so pretty. , Love that die. The flowers make a nice frame for the sentiments.

JD/ Jill said...

These are beautiful cards! I have not done a slim line card yet...but I think your fabulous cards may have inspired me to make some!

Lynette said...

Pretty cards, Cheryl! You always finish them off so nicely!

Lynne in NI said...

These are so pretty Cheryl! Isn't it amazing how changing the colour and the sentiment makes them look so different!
So glad to hear Mickey is settling in well. I'm sure he knows he's hit gold coming to live in your house!!

Glittered Paws said...

Beautiful slimline cards - I have a couple of dies for slimline but seldom use them. Why I have no clue. The thrift store will sell the card quickly I am sure.
Awww...I thinking Mickey has found his forever home??? What a lucky boy.