Wish List

Tuesday, January 31, 2023

A couple of Christmas tree cards...


 I am trying hard to continue making Christmas cards so that I don't feel panicked about them come the end of November. I have a die that cuts a tree on the front panel of a card as shown in the picture above. I decided to use it to make a few cards.

For this card, I adhered a white panel beneath my card front to add more sturdiness to the die-cut. Then I cut all of the stars from gold metallic cardstock and glued them in place. They helped tie in the gold heat-embossed sentiment on the top left.


The stars also added a little spakle to my card. I love a little sparkle!










The inside sentiment was also heat-embossed with gold embossing powder.









On my second card, I backed the die-cut area with green vellum, which I carefully fussy cut to match the right edge. The white panel was matted with gold metallic CS and adhered to the right side of my card.  My stamped and heat-embossed sentiment fit perfectly in the upper right corner.


I stamped and heat-embossed a couple of hanging ornaments on the left side to add some balance on the inside of my card. 

As you can see, there is plenty of room to write a note and sign the card.

While I like the look of the first card best, with its inset gold stars, it was very time-consuming to cut and adhere them. Any ideas for what else I can do to add a little sparkle? 

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

6 comments:

designbydonna said...

These are really pretty. Love that tree die cut. The gold stars do add a lot of sparkle. Could you die cut a tree from gold foil paper and use the stars in the green one. Then you also have a gold tree for another card.

JD/ Jill said...

These are Beautiful.

Like you I started making my cards all year long because it makes it so much easier to get the cards done in time...

Lynette said...

These are beautiful, Cheryl! I love your die - very cool.

Patti J said...

Cheryl, these are so pretty! Elegant creations, my friend, and kudos to you for starting on your holiday cards already! Thanks for sharing…love that die!

Jeanne H said...

Lovely cards. Can you tell us who makes the tree die?

Glittered Paws said...

What a great die - would be pretty easy to mass produce. Love the inside of the second card - dresses it up a bit. All of my Christmas stamps are "put away", well ok within reach though.