Wish List

Friday, January 27, 2023

Two cards from one cake...

 One of my 12" X 12" paper pads had a sheet in it that had a very tall, many-layered cake on one side of it. I looked at this particular sheet everytime I searched the pad for something to use on a card, and I wondered how I could ever use it. Well, it finally came to me that I could fussy-cut the cake and divide it into two cakes. Here are the cards I made with my divided cake:

This is  the top part of the cake. It didn't have any candles on it, so I cut some using part of another die set and added them. The Happy Birthday sentiment is also a die-cut that has been adhered to the bottom two layers.


The candles were glued directly to the card front, but the cake was popped up on foam tape.










On the inside, I stamped a sentiment.











This is the bottom half of the cake on a slimline card base. This time I adhered the cake and its candles directly to the card front.


On the inside of this one, I added a stamped sentiment and some stamped candles at the bottom.

I was pretty pleased that I had figured out a way to use the entire cake!

We will be having family over for dinner on Saturday night to help me celebrate my birthday, which is today. We're going to order Chinese food and my husband is going to pick up an ice cream cake for dessert. 

I prefer a quieter, laid back celebration, rather than a big whoop-de-do. The only think I really don't want to do on my birthday is cook, so going out or ordering in makes it a party, as far as I'm concerned.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

4 comments:

designbydonna said...

Happy Birthday Cheryl. Enjoy your day! hat was a clever idea to cut the cake apart. You can't even tell it wasn't 2 cakes originally. These are fun festive cards.

Lynette said...

Happy Birthday (late!) Hope you had a wonderful day. Sounds like it was. I agree - no cooking! Very clever to cut the cake in two pieces and make such great cards with them.

Glittered Paws said...

I think birthday wishes are in order so lets stretch the celebration out a little longer - Happy Birthday.
Love your twofer - what a great job you did with an image that you originally had no idea what to do with it. Thinking out of the box.

JD/ Jill said...

Your cards are great! Very creative. I want to send my "belated" birthday wishes to you too. Hope you had a great day! I'm much like you I would rather have a quiet day on my birthday (and maybe do something special) Hubby and I have a big Milestone Anniversary coming up in a few months...I already told my daughter NO party...No big fuss! but I hope we get to do something special!