Wish List

Friday, January 13, 2023

Starting the Christmas 2023 stash of cards...

 I have made my usual vow to make Christmas cards all through the year in 2023 so that I don't get caught with not enough cards come December. So, as I was cleaning up my Christmas cardmaking supplies, I found 10 metallic gold circles that I had left over. I decided I would use them to make 10 cards for next Christmas, and here's what I came up with:

It's a simple design, but SO hard to photograph. The gold cardstock reflects everything! 


I made four cards using this background paper. I thought it looked like snow. I guess it could also be a starry sky with a golden moon.










I made six cards with this background paper. This one is definitely a snowy background. 

The gold ribbon was some I had in my stash, and instead of tying a bow with it, I used a bit of gold string for that purpose.








After practically standing on my head to get a photo of one of the cards with NO reflections, I thought I'd better share it with you.

I used a metallic gold ink pad to stamp a sentiment on the inside.

I'm not 100% happy with my gold ink pad. Do you have one you use that is crisp and clear when stamped? If so, I'd love to know the brand.

My book club met last night, and we had such a good time. We didn't meet over the holidays, and I really missed it. We discussed the book Giant by Edna Ferber. I had read the book and watched the movie. It was so interesting to hear other opinions about the book and Ferber's writing style. We also discussed the effect the story had on the citizens of Texas at the time (not good!).

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

5 comments:

Lynette said...

Great cards, Cheryl, and way to keep up with your Christmas cards!

designbydonna said...

Good job usling those extra supplies. Very pretty card. I gave up on finding a gold metallic ink pad and just go with gold embossing.

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Beautiful cards and I love the sentiments. happy New Year to you and your family too Michelle xx

Glittered Paws said...

Pretty pretty - and yes gold as well as silver is hard to photograph. But you did a good job and showed off the beauty. Ahead on your Christmas cards for next year. Great job.
I was in a book club in St. Louis for several years (drove 75 miles one way - but usually stayed allnight with one of the girls). We stopped getting together when Covid hit and I really miss it althought I am still an avid reader. Read just about everything except science ficton and ghost stories.

JD/ Jill said...

These are lovely! You are off to a great start!